record access permission question in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a business need.  As a manager I own specific accounts and I share with my sales reps. They meet with new contacts regarding that customer. So I want them to create new contacts.  I also want this contact to be shared among other reps so they can reach out to contact for any additional opportunity (on some of the products that the other reps focus on).  Which means, that I want to regulate on any of the updates to the Contacts - credit terms could be 30 for rep A, but 15 for Rep B. I don't want each rep updating the contact record (this is just an example).

Reps can delete their contacts as long as there is no dependency.  

Once the contact record is de-activated, I don't want the reps to re-activate.  However, I can re-activate the contact as a owner of the account (that the contact relate to).

What permissions should I set for my reps on contacts to fulfill the above need. Appreciate your answers. 

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 11:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Just so we are clear, could you list the operations that you would like to restrict the user from performing.

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 6:22 AM
    Answerer
  • User A create and own the Account xyz. 

Read-only access on Account xyz for all sales reps. 

Sales reps (user B, user c etc) can create new contacts for Account xyz. 

User B able to create Contact abc 

Contact abc is visible and can be read/write by other sales reps 

Contact can be deleted by User B when no dependency 

No one can deactive this Contact abc except User A

once User A deactivate Contact xyz, it becomes readonly or not accessible by reps. 

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:23 PM