Recovering Xp Media Center OEM to another Computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I do some test for a friend. He use a XP Media Center OEM as a company computer. Everything is on the computer (accounting, inventory, etc.). He ask me to setup a backup and proove him it's possible to recover from the backup.

My problem is I can recover the computer on another computer (or Virtual machine for the purpose of the test) but I got the WGA problem. The WGA don't let me login to do any action.

What can I do to be legit and functionnal ? I also have a legit Windows XP Pro retail version I can use to update or repair or install. The last thing I don't want to do is to format and reinstall everything. It's the reason why I use backup !

Thanks in advance

Eck8tor

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:47 PM

Answers

• "Eck8tor" wrote in message news:7ebd0c4f-e14d-47fa-809b-7fe1f72bcaab...

Hi everyone,

I do some test for a friend. He use a XP Media Center OEM as a company computer. Everything is on the computer (accounting, inventory, etc.). He ask me to setup a backup and proove him it's possible to recover from the backup.

My problem is I can recover the computer on another computer (or Virtual machine for the purpose of the test) but I got the WGA problem. The WGA don't let me login to do any action.

What can I do to be legit and functionnal ? I also have a legit Windows XP Pro retail version I can use to update or repair or install. The last thing I don't want to do is to format and reinstall everything. It's the reason why I use backup !

Thanks in advance

Eck8tor

Put a clean HD in your friend's PC and restore the backup to that - it's a more realistic scenario anyhow, as the HD is the most likely part to fail.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:42 PM