Did anyone get points for Offline events??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Did anyone participate in any microsoft offline event ?? Did you get any points for offline events???

If so, how much points did u get??

Friday, June 1, 2007 2:41 PM

Answers

• There is no row in the points table showing the points for the offline activities. May be thats why we cannot know whether anyone has got the points for it or not.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Now that the total is accurate  for most persons, if there is some unaccounted points for anyone in the total, it may be for offline events na?
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 12:43 AM
  • But i m still not able to understand which are the offline events.. Can you list out some of the offline events...
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:22 AM
  • A workshop "Windows Vista and Live workshop " was conducted by Microsoft at our college during Shristi '07, (a National level tech fest during Feb 23rd and 24th).. I think it was a offline event.. I mailed the admins requesting points for the same, but haven't got any reply yet....
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:29 AM
  • In that case i think that you will get points after the 15th, i think this is the reason they have kept 15 days after the last day of the contest to evaluate all this offline events and even other evens like IC cup and all to evaluate the students, Also it was not made clear that all those who crosses the 10K barrier and top 500 will become the Student partners, they will select students from this bunch, So there can be other criteria like this offline events to evaluate a student....
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:36 AM
  • @Raghuram  - Did someone take your attendance and your email address while you attended the workshop, i think they will send the info about it to MS admins, so that they can update the points for it.

At our college also there was a seminar and workshop of .NET framework 2.0 and 3.0, but noone took the attendance, and send it to the admins. I think the one who organized the event should email to the admins about the event and the list. May be then the points will be updated. Also in the FAQS its written that you have to send the docs, for the points of the offline activities.

Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:55 AM
  • They have given a certificate of participation.. I scanned it and sent it along with the mail..

Saturday, June 2, 2007 6:30 AM
  • Thats nice man, They didn't even give us certificate of participation Stick out tongue You are lucky, may be you can get ponits. Do let us know when the admins have updated the points for those events. I think all the offline events will be update after June-15th.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 7:25 AM
  • I have attended 1-2 Microsoft seminars in my college any other colleges nearby, but there was noone who was taking the attendance about it. Also when i asked the people from there about this offline activity, they said that they had no idea, and even if they knew about it, it will take time for the registration for it to begin Stick out tongue
    Friday, June 8, 2007 6:09 PM
  • Well, I have not come across any such events at my college or university, Looks like we will have to speacially ask MS people to arrange something near our college...
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 9:54 AM

All replies

• There is no row in the points table showing the points for the offline activities. May be thats why we cannot know whether anyone has got the points for it or not.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Now that the total is accurate  for most persons, if there is some unaccounted points for anyone in the total, it may be for offline events na?
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 12:43 AM
  • But i m still not able to understand which are the offline events.. Can you list out some of the offline events...
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:22 AM
  • A workshop "Windows Vista and Live workshop " was conducted by Microsoft at our college during Shristi '07, (a National level tech fest during Feb 23rd and 24th).. I think it was a offline event.. I mailed the admins requesting points for the same, but haven't got any reply yet....
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:29 AM
  • In that case i think that you will get points after the 15th, i think this is the reason they have kept 15 days after the last day of the contest to evaluate all this offline events and even other evens like IC cup and all to evaluate the students, Also it was not made clear that all those who crosses the 10K barrier and top 500 will become the Student partners, they will select students from this bunch, So there can be other criteria like this offline events to evaluate a student....
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:36 AM
  • @Raghuram  - Did someone take your attendance and your email address while you attended the workshop, i think they will send the info about it to MS admins, so that they can update the points for it.

At our college also there was a seminar and workshop of .NET framework 2.0 and 3.0, but noone took the attendance, and send it to the admins. I think the one who organized the event should email to the admins about the event and the list. May be then the points will be updated. Also in the FAQS its written that you have to send the docs, for the points of the offline activities.

Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:55 AM
  • They have given a certificate of participation.. I scanned it and sent it along with the mail..

Saturday, June 2, 2007 6:30 AM
  • Thats nice man, They didn't even give us certificate of participation Stick out tongue You are lucky, may be you can get ponits. Do let us know when the admins have updated the points for those events. I think all the offline events will be update after June-15th.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 7:25 AM
  • i didnt get any points
    Monday, June 4, 2007 1:21 PM
  • Nope! I also didn't got any point for any kind of Off line activities.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 10:14 PM
  • @ Rahul - Did u mail them or did they take ur email id when you attended the offline event???
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:25 AM
  • I think the points for the offline activities will be updated after June-15th.

The admins will not leave anything, they are working as hard as we are .
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 1:57 PM
  • @Harshil

I suppose the above mentioned or discussed points don't belong to offline activities. The points for the offline activities can hold for the following features mentioned.

Q: How do I get points for offline activities/ Non Student Rockstar website activities?

A: You get points for these activities by sending the proof of participation to the designated address/e-mail address stdrkstr@microsoft.com, in case of Academic Projects Program and Imagine cup participation. For other offline events, you would earn points as announced along with the event. You would need to fill up the necessary form at the event venue to earn points for that event.

The other offline events may contain

1. Launch of Windows VISTA

2. Launch events of OFFICE 2007

3. Launch of Exchange Server 2007

I am not very clear about all the above but some few examples as of me.

regards,

Thursday, June 7, 2007 2:13 PM
  • Thanks for the info Fredrick. Has anyone got any reply from the admins after posting the proof of attending the offline events ?
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 4:28 PM
  • i didnt get any neither did i participate fair haaa
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:50 PM
  • I have attended 1-2 Microsoft seminars in my college any other colleges nearby, but there was noone who was taking the attendance about it. Also when i asked the people from there about this offline activity, they said that they had no idea, and even if they knew about it, it will take time for the registration for it to begin Stick out tongue
    Friday, June 8, 2007 6:09 PM
  • hmm not me.. i didn't get the points.. btw i never participated in the offline events too..
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 9:43 AM
  • Well, I have not come across any such events at my college or university, Looks like we will have to speacially ask MS people to arrange something near our college...
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 9:54 AM
  • But tis too late now Varun. I think through this contest MS will select some student partners, and then with the help of them they might be able to arrange offilne activities for the other students, and may be implemented in the next StudenrRockstar contest Stick out tongue
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:02 PM
  • Ohh, in that case they should create atleast 1 student partner from different areas..
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:37 PM
  • They are actively doing that. They have already selected students from all over Gujarat. from each college i think. I dont know whether you was selected or not. But it was definitely organized.

I know its too late now, but just for your reference here it is.

Source :
    http://www.gujaratinformatics.com/c2c/index.htm

List of Selected Students (22 April, 2007)

Microsoft Student Partner

Coordinators are requested to select 3-4 students from 4th semester (2nd semester incase of MCA).

The selected student partners will be Microsoft representatives on the campus and receive special training that will keep them up to date on the latest MS technology. They will also get a shot for interviews for internships and jobs at Microsoft if they meet certain pre defined criteria.

In the last week of March '07, interviews will be organized for the 3-4 students nominated by the coordinators for each college..

Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:45 PM
  • I got a mail yesterday from the admins saying that the workshop i attended is not recognized by the Student rockstar contest
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 1:50 AM
  • In that case, I think it will be better to ask them which events are recognized by them
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:45 AM
  • I think no one get points for offline event
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:24 AM