Defra can not be performed what can I do? RRS feed

• Question

• Defra can not be performed what can I do?

Friday, August 22, 2008 2:27 AM

Answers

• Not a very helpful error, is it?

You probably have disk errors that need to be repaired first. Go to Windows Explorer, right click on the Drive and select Properties, then Tools and error checking. Let the error checking run at reboot if it prompts for this. Reboot the PC, let the scan complete and then try a Defrag manually from Start/All Programs/Acessories/System Tools/Disk Defragmenter

-steve

Friday, August 22, 2008 12:53 PM

All replies

• Not a very helpful error, is it?

You probably have disk errors that need to be repaired first. Go to Windows Explorer, right click on the Drive and select Properties, then Tools and error checking. Let the error checking run at reboot if it prompts for this. Reboot the PC, let the scan complete and then try a Defrag manually from Start/All Programs/Acessories/System Tools/Disk Defragmenter

-steve

Friday, August 22, 2008 12:53 PM
  • steve,

it does not allow me to do that.  I am also having problems getting into certain websites.  Internet explorer does not allow me onto certain websites and on the IE icon it says no add ons.

albert
    Saturday, August 23, 2008 1:32 AM
  • It sounds like your problems are much deeper than disk errors. You may want to start with OneCare support, but I think you will need more support than available for OneCare. It may be worth considering a format and reinstall of the operating system after you have confirmed that you have good copies of your important data backed up.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:56 PM