Connect Microsoft.com Form Submission is Broken RRS feed

• General discussion

• Connect won't help me because WLOC 2.0 beta not listed in my connect account they are claiming they can't help me with this form submission error IE is getting

Here's the error I get when I try to submit feedback

I'm Having server error Issues with the Windows Live One Care 2.0 beta bug/feedback submission form. Here it is [Sys.webforms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorEception: UnKnown Error Occurred While Processing The Request on The Server. The Staus Code Returned from Server was: 500]

This has been happening since the recent Maintenance

Monday, July 23, 2007 11:45 PM

All replies

• I'll see if I can poke someone, Mikro.

-steve

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:20 AM
  • There kicking the connect servers some one else just told me to try again a hour.

Any word or is it the old give it 24hrs deal ???

I got 15 bugs to report there stacking up since this started on Saturday

Would of reported it sooner but I was wloc Issue tracking and that gave connects some time to get stuff up and running. MS word 2007 needed a work out any ways cut copy and paste tuesday I guess.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:21 AM
  • Now I getting this page

The system has encountered an unexpected error. We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be addressed as quickly as possible. 

If this error continues, click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to report the issue and include this error ID in your e-mail: 424ce3c5-d3b6-41fe-9698-8b263fdbebf4 

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 2:59 AM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

I'll see if I can poke someone, Mikro.

-steve

Well Poking Some one Didn't work ,

It's 8:40am Eastern Tuesday July 24th 2007

The Microsoft Connect web site WLOC 2.0 Beta FeedBack submission form is still slow and hanging causes more Errors than WLOC 2.0 Beta at this point. Why in the world would they try and upgrade a site that's Mission Critical ? I wonder what part of if it's not Broke don't fix it some one did not under stand. Mean while beta testers sit here twiddling are tumbs with no way to report errors.

Do I sound a bit Agrivated ? Maybe I am. Some Would say Who Cares it's Just Beta. Well I want to make the Most out of 212 days. This includes Being able to submit bug & feedback reports

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:59 PM
  • Yes, I can understand being upset about the Connect issues. The poking may not have resolved it yet, but I expect that it will be worked on today as the person managing the 2.0 beta wants you to be able to submit bugs!

-steve

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 4:07 PM
  • Ok that's it the feedback form got Issues still I'm looking for another way to submit errors Issues since connect is still down my recorded Issues are in Word all I need is to send them or I'll Post them here and wash my hands of the 16 different Issues I've been tracking I've been kind of doing that any ways since the feedback form not working.
    Tuesday, July 24, 2007 7:35 PM
  • Connect feedback for OneCare should now be back up as of about 2 hours or so ago, Mikro. Let me know if you still have a problem.

-steve

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:36 AM
  • Yah Were Back in Business

It's a bit buggy the error I posted here still pops up the red one

The system has encountered an unexpected error. We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be addressed as quickly as possible. 

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:05 AM
  • I am pleased to see that Mikro can now log on to Connect, it is more than I can do!!  The error he reported at the top of this thread is what I am having.  Seems like the fix has worked in the UK but not here in the UK.  Any suggestions, out of interest all the links on the Connect page I have are dead!!.

Regards

Alan

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:18 AM
  • Alan, see if deleting all cookies helps. Connect does tend to get problematic with cookies even on a good day.

-steve

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:06 PM
  • Many thanks Steve - I have deleted the cookies and, yes, it works fine.

Regards

Alan

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:30 PM
  • You're very welcome, Alan. :-)

-steve

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:47 PM
  • Bad News the First error I Posted about here Has returned to haunt my butt.

I can't file no new feedback Bug reports   I clear my cookies/temps/history aka Delete all, re-sign in and nothing changes now.

I'm Back to feedback Limbo again

[Sys.webforms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorEception: UnKnown Error Occurred While Processing The Request on The Server. The Staus Code Returned from Server was: 500]

Dang BBQd cookies

Monday, July 30, 2007 3:10 AM
  • Still waiting I still can't post a bug report because of the above error 2 days losted  that I could not submit a connect feedback bug report.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:06 PM
  • Mikro - could you please attempt to submit another bug report, take a screenshot when you encounter the error and email it to ocbeta@microsoft.com.

How to take a screenshot

A screenshot is a captured image of your computer screen. Including screenshots of the problem you've encountered or the behavior you're trying to explain is an easy way to add value and clarity to your bug description. Here's how to take a screenshot:

1.    Reproduce the problem or condition you want to capture in the screenshot. With the problem still on the screen, press the PRINT SCREEN key (this is usually found to the right of the function keys and may be labeled PRT SCR or PrtSc on some keyboards). Windows will copy an image of your screen to memory.

2.    Open up a graphic-editing program (such as Paint). Using the Paste function under the Edit menu or using CTRL+V, paste the captured screen image into the blank file.

3.    Save this file to your desktop. If your graphics program gives you the option to save it as a certain file type, please save the picture as a .jpg or .gif file to keep the file size to a minimum. You can now attach this file to an email.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:31 PM
  • It's on it's way,  Oh sure now it works past 2 days all I got is the pop up with that's all It says

Sys.webforms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorEception: UnKnown Error Occurred While Processing The Request on The Server. The Staus Code Returned from Server was: 500

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:59 PM