none
How to include COMDLG32.OCX into VB6 project which want to use as portable single file app? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I created simple app in VB6 which uses common dialog and this means COMDLG32.OCX is req'd.

Is possible to add it or include it into standalone app EXE file?

I want to create simple app without any installation - so mean portable...

I used the same code (with modifications) in VB.NET to see in which Windows versions is NET framework installation req'd - after test I see that by default isn't included, of cource missing in XP and earlier.

I tried include it by same way like is possible to include fonts or own components in VB.NET... but in VB6 I'm lost.

VB6 version requires one component only, so, my choice is using VB6 version - so, is it possible?

Thank you all for help.

• Edited by mksft Thursday, June 1, 2017 8:40 PM
    • Moved by Reed KimbleMVP Saturday, June 3, 2017 12:55 PM vb6
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hi mksft,

Since this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools (Not for VB6 questions). And your issue is more related to VB6. This link about vb6, please refer that: http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Visual-Basic-6-and-Earlier

Thank you for participating in the forum activities.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 2, 2017 2:42 AM
  • There are a number of ways to do this. 

I'd suggest using Krools controls from the VBforums.com site.

These replace COMDLG32.OCX and many other controls.  Your coding should stay unchanged, you just use the new control and give it exactly the same name as your old CommonDialog control, and also set the properties identically.

The download is in the form of a demo program showing you how to do this. (You need the standard version not the ActiveX version).

Common Controls replacements

The latest visual styles and properties are supported.

Microsoft support VB6 programming (VB6 Support StatementVB6 Programming IDE Installer)

Saturday, June 3, 2017 11:48 AM
  • I created simple fix.

Nothing more nothing less.

Miro

Saturday, June 3, 2017 1:16 PM