CRM Outlook connector unable to connect from outside network RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We are having an issue with the CRM outlook connector, which will not connect to the CRM deployment from outside the network. We have an IFD deployment in place and the web page is accessible from the outside. THe connector is set up to use the internet url when outside the network, everything works fine when inside the network. The connector says that it cannot verify the credentials when it is used outside. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Steven
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 11:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Steven, while the web client usually uses port 80 (or port 443 if you are using SSL), the Outlook client requires the use of lots of additional ports. For example, pre-UR7, it used a ping every 30 seconds to determine whether it was still connnected to the server, and the ping used a separate port. It's likely to be a firewall issue.

Also, when configuring the CRM for Outlook client, you'll need to choose a 'Service Provider', not 'My Company', when prompted by the configuration wizard. (If you are hosting CRM internally, then your IT department is the hosting service provider!).

Regards,

Neil
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Steven, while the web client usually uses port 80 (or port 443 if you are using SSL), the Outlook client requires the use of lots of additional ports. For example, pre-UR7, it used a ping every 30 seconds to determine whether it was still connnected to the server, and the ping used a separate port. It's likely to be a firewall issue.

Also, when configuring the CRM for Outlook client, you'll need to choose a 'Service Provider', not 'My Company', when prompted by the configuration wizard. (If you are hosting CRM internally, then your IT department is the hosting service provider!).

Regards,

Neil
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 12:50 PM
  • Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply. The CRM connector is currently set up on MY Company so I will give it a try under Service Provider and see how it goes.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 1:23 PM
  • Hi

Did you client installed successfully?

We have faced the similar problem & resolved after doing host file entry ( hostname with public ip) & saving the password in browser to avoid authentication error.

The CRM outlook is connecting on port 80 & uses the hostname for sync not sure but this is what I observed.

But still looking for solution for https connection than http

Jignesh

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:26 PM