Hide/Disable Sitemap Menu in Dynamics CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have one custom entity 'XYZ'. As per the requirement we need to open custom aspx page on click on new button of this entity. We have done ribbon customization for the same.

But when we select or on mouseover of this entity in sitemap,we get an arrow which populate menu with New button,recently visited records and views.

Is there any way to customize this 'New' sitemap menu to call aspx page like ribbon customization?

Thanks!

Vinayak Chavan

Friday, June 27, 2014 12:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Vinayak,

I could be wrong bu I guess there is no supported way achieve this in CRM.

one thing you could is have prevalidation create plug in which check if caller origin is Web then user is trying to create new record from web and you can throw error and restrict user that way.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

• Marked as answer by VinayakChavan Monday, June 30, 2014 5:49 AM
    Saturday, June 28, 2014 11:04 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Vinayak,

I personally have not seen many users at all utilizing this feature of CRM 2011.

Therefore it might just be best to have some JavaScript code alerting the users that the record must be created from the correct place and forcing the page to close.

This would be the easiest option to stop them from creating a record using this method.

As Mayank said, you could also use a plugin. You could look at the option of a plugin registered on retrieve of this entity, which would perform the necessary checks (make sure it is create of that entity) and perform the appropriate logic. I'm not sure that you would be able to directly redirect them to a custom aspx page from a plugin like this, but you would be able to give a more comprehensive way then javascript to stop them from even opening the create form for the entity.

If you need any more help please let us know. :)

~ Atomic Coder

Saturday, June 28, 2014 9:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Vinayak,

I could be wrong bu I guess there is no supported way achieve this in CRM.

one thing you could is have prevalidation create plug in which check if caller origin is Web then user is trying to create new record from web and you can throw error and restrict user that way.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Saturday, June 28, 2014 11:04 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Vinayak,

I personally have not seen many users at all utilizing this feature of CRM 2011.

Therefore it might just be best to have some JavaScript code alerting the users that the record must be created from the correct place and forcing the page to close.

This would be the easiest option to stop them from creating a record using this method.

As Mayank said, you could also use a plugin. You could look at the option of a plugin registered on retrieve of this entity, which would perform the necessary checks (make sure it is create of that entity) and perform the appropriate logic. I'm not sure that you would be able to directly redirect them to a custom aspx page from a plugin like this, but you would be able to give a more comprehensive way then javascript to stop them from even opening the create form for the entity.

If you need any more help please let us know. :)

~ Atomic Coder

Saturday, June 28, 2014 9:05 PM