none
Is it possible to add "on click" handler to the rows of the Out-Gridview? RRS feed

• Question

• I have collection of the objects each of which has a lot of the properties organized in sections. I would like to use system Out-Gridview to present full list of the objects with a basic set of the properties and an opportunity to present details about the object presented by the clicked string of the grid. Get-Help Out-GridView doesn't provide necessary information. Thus I wonder is it any way to EXTEND standard Out-GridView to enable lines click support or I had to create my own gridview? 
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, December 12, 2018 9:33 PM This is not "explain the documentation to me" forum
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 4:59 PM

All replies

• Out-Gridview cannot do what you ask.

The help for this command is here:'

help out-gridview -full

or

help out-gridview -online

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:15 PM
  • Namely because of get-help -full Out-Gridview gives no way to access AN OBJECT presenting Out-gridview, I've asked question here and it seems that there is no way other then create my own version of the grid. 
    Friday, September 7, 2018 7:54 AM
  • Out-Gridview does not represent or present.  It displays a collection of objects in a grid.

Get-Process | Out-Gridview -OutputMode Multiple

This will return the objects selected.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, September 7, 2018 8:05 AM