Billing ID, on Credit card Statement RRS feed

• Question

•  

I recently found a charge on my bank statement for $59.00. The ID was unfamiliar to me. So I just wanted to verify if:  When billed does MICROSOFT show on my statement?

If not, does the charge show up as a differnt Debitor?

Such as : WP-online Media TE London  GB 

I'm almost sure it does say Microsoft, But not Sure.  Thank You Regards:  PuDiTiNu  

Saturday, March 29, 2008 6:38 PM

Answers

• You can view the charges for your subscription at http://billing.microsoft.com

I don't know how it will be listed on your bank statement in GB, but I would expect it to be listed as Microsoft.

-steve

Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:49 PM
  • I unlocked the thread that discusses that and is *off topic* and merged your post with that thread before locking it.

You will see in this thread what this charge was for.

This is unrelated to Windows Live OneCare.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, April 30, 2010 11:13 AM

All replies

• You can view the charges for your subscription at http://billing.microsoft.com

I don't know how it will be listed on your bank statement in GB, but I would expect it to be listed as Microsoft.

-steve

Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:49 PM
  • Do you know what company "WP-online Media TE London  GB" is. I can't remember. I have the same statement in Februari.
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 7:04 PM

• I also received "WP-Online Media TE London GBR" on my credit card bill.  It was categorized as "Computer/Data Processing Services."  Has anyone found what vendor this reference comes with?  MasterCard can't trace it because it is a "foreign internet purchase."  Is this a scam?
    Monday, April 14, 2008 4:24 PM
  • Received the same charge 4/16/08. Called credit card company and placed a fraud claim. Cancelled credit card number, sending new card. What is this?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:33 PM
  • I received my credit card bill with  a $59.00 charge from "WP-Online Media TE London".  I did some research and found that is generally understood to be for Windows Live OneCare.  When I go to llok at the billing detal, it says:

"This Windows Live ID does not currently have a billing relationship with Microsoft. MSN offers a variety of services that you may subscribe to. For more information, go to http://join.msn.com/. "

Is there someone I can talk to to straighten this out.  I thought I was paying for a year subscription, but the software says I have 88 days left.     Something is wrong.    HALP!

I would like to get some specific answers to this issue.   Is the charge on my Visa for ONe Care? Who can I talk to to verify or explain?

Thanks.      Mike Grabowski   Call anytime   314 650 0916  or grabski@accessus.net
    Monday, April 21, 2008 2:48 PM
  • Mike,

Open OneCare and look for the subscription ID in Help/About. That is the LiveID to sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with.

If you wish to confirm the credit card charge (and in the US, that is definitely not the charge for OneCare renewal) you can contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Monday, April 21, 2008 6:56 PM
  • I bought over the internet recently a program called AVS4YOU.  It is a series of programs to make DVD movies, slideshows etc.  works pretty good too.  When I saw the billing I was suspicious too.  I thought that this site "Windows Live Onecare" was free, I didn't give them any credit card info or authorize any charges to Microsoft.    Spud.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 6:37 AM
  •  idaspud wrote:
    I bought over the internet recently a program called AVS4YOU.  It is a series of programs to make DVD movies, slideshows etc.  works pretty good too.  When I saw the billing I was suspicious too.  I thought that this site "Windows Live Onecare" was free, I didn't give them any credit card info or authorize any charges to Microsoft.    Spud.

There is a Windows Live OneCare online scan that is free - http://safety.live.com will redirect you to it.

OneCare that is installed, the subject of this forum, is a paid subscription - http://onecare.live.com

-steve

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:46 PM

• Mystery solved - maybe.  I also purchased AVS4YOU, but never saw the charge appear on my credit card bill.  I'm willing to believe that "WP-Online Media TE London GBR" is the charge for AVS4YOU software.  Thanks for the clue.
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 10:23 PM
  • I'm a member of the same club.  I googled the name and it led me here and virtually nowhere else.  I have disputed the charge and declared my card number lost/stolen to keep it from being repeated.  I have an online purchase habit but in my travels I've have noted each time I make a purchase something like this:  "You will see a charge appear on your statement from (name of biller)."  I pay attention to these messages and I definately don't recall purchase anything from any similar vendor.  I'm guessing SCAM. 
    Friday, May 23, 2008 7:24 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:
     idaspud wrote:
    I bought over the internet recently a program called AVS4YOU.  It is a series of programs to make DVD movies, slideshows etc.  works pretty good too.  When I saw the billing I was suspicious too.  I thought that this site "Windows Live Onecare" was free, I didn't give them any credit card info or authorize any charges to Microsoft.    Spud.

-steve

I also bought AVS4YOU recently.  They are a genuine company that sells various video software etc.  The credit card entry reads :- "WP-ONLINE MEDIA TE"   If you go to this web-page http://www.avs4you.com/contact.aspx You will see that the royal mail address states a company named Online Media Technologies Ltd. based in London.  This directly relates to the credit card entry.  I hope this helps.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:45 PM
  • Thanks for the info - I was ready to call my CC too, but I did purchase AVS and that is the correct amount. They need to do something to notify about that. :-(
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:39 PM
  • WP-ONLINE MEDIA TE LONDON GB this is AVS4YOU Team
    Online Media Technologies Ltd.
    www,avs4you,com
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:56 PM
  • I had just cancelled my card because of fraud overseas...was going through this months statement and saw the $59.00 charge...had I not seen the discussion about www.avs4you.com I would have reported it as fraud.  However I did purchase that program as well.  They need to have a better reference on their card.

It's kind of interesting that I just had fraud in London on my card...just a few days after I purchased from a London company.  Has anyone else had a similar situation happen.  I'm going to let my card company know about this...you gotta wonder about a connection?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:31 PM
  • We just had this same thing happen, we had ordered from avs4you, thankfully i googled the transaction which brought me here and my hubby remembered his order with them. We were just about ready to dispute it as well, I agree, they need a better reference!!!
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 1:43 AM
  • This what I have.

Best regards, AVS4YOU Team
    Online Media Technologies Ltd.
    www.avs4you.com

Registration fee for AVS Video Editor.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:36 PM
  • Hi everybody,

WP-ONLINE MEDIA TE LONDON GB is referred to Online Media Technologies Ltd., which is a company-developer of video and audio solutions marketed under AVS4YOU brand and available on avs4you.com. Here is the official info available: avs4you.com/contact.aspx Online Media Technologies Ltd. is a company carrying out business activities that's why it is mentioned in bank statements. AVS4YOU is a brand name of the software developed by Online Media Technologies Ltd.

Regards, Galina Smirnova
    Official representative of Online Media Technologies Ltd.
    www.avs4you.com
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:28 PM
  • I also received this WP-Online Media TE London GBR charge for $69.00 on my credit card and reported it as fraudulent - some sort of service that I would not have signed up for.  I believe it is a scam.
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:17 PM
  • Why doesn't your company post its real name? 
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 8:12 PM
  • I'm locking this thread as it has nothing to do with OneCare. There is enough information within the thread for those finding this via a web search for the entry found on a credit card statement.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 11:34 PM
  • I found your web site when I searched the company " WP online media te, London"

They put Aus$66.15 on my credit card on 28th February.  I do not know them at all.

My question: may I safely have my bank cancel the withdrawal from my credit card?

Thanks

Friday, April 30, 2010 8:56 AM
  • I unlocked the thread that discusses that and is *off topic* and merged your post with that thread before locking it.

You will see in this thread what this charge was for.

This is unrelated to Windows Live OneCare.

-steve

Friday, April 30, 2010 11:13 AM