none
Issue with using code button when posting RRS feed

• Question

• Several days ago the Code block editor began acting strange as shown in the screenshot below. Also pressing the insert button produces a error on page message in the statusbar of the code block editor window. IE8 is my browser. I have tried a) closing IE and retrying the code block editor b) restarted my computer, retried code block editor where both produced the same issue.

Any thoughts on what is happening?

KSG
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 1:59 PM

Answers

• Here is some more information. I opened up Safari, invoked the code block editor and was able to use it. So my guess is this is browser specific.

I guess for now doing code blocks manually will have to do using the pre tag in the HTML mode.

KSG
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 4:13 AM
  • Okay I have resolved the issue with the Code Block Editor. I decided to poke around my Internet settings to see if anything could be causing a problem (this is after I dumped my cache which did not resolve the issue) which got me thinking about switching to Compatibility view for the main page, this did not help but back in the Code Block Editor when switching to Compatibility view the editor began working again as it should.

KSG
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 2:46 PM

All replies

• Try dumping your cache, maybe see if the problem is browser specific? This usually means some of the resources aren't being downloaded correctly. And if you can run a fiddler trace and put it on skydrive we could take a deeper look.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 2:38 AM
    Answerer
  • Try dumping your cache, maybe see if the problem is browser specific? This usually means some of the resources aren't being downloaded correctly. And if you can run a fiddler trace and put it on skydrive we could take a deeper look.

Thanks for the suggestion Brent.

I cleared my cache, tried using the code block editor again and same thing.

I never used Fiddler before and when firing it up notice there are many options. Do I use Fiddler as is or set specific options.

For now the link goes to the saved file from Fidder for the line indicating an error, would have used SkyLine but after signing in I got an error saying the service was down.

http://kevininstructor.home.comcast.net/~kevininstructor/SocialForums/6_Full.txt

Skyline message

There's a temporary problem

There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later.

KSG
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 3:35 AM
  • Here is some more information. I opened up Safari, invoked the code block editor and was able to use it. So my guess is this is browser specific.

I guess for now doing code blocks manually will have to do using the pre tag in the HTML mode.

KSG
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 4:13 AM
  • I'm using ie8, don't have a problem, likely this is browser/machine specific. These are always tough to diagnose. The fiddler trace wasn't super helpful, if you could save an entire session, starting off with a clean cache and save All as an archive, that'd help.
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 4:52 AM
    Answerer
  • I will give that a try. I will say the code block editor has been working just fine for months and have not changed anything on my computer in regards to Internet setting or installing anything new.
    KSG
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 1:41 PM
  • Okay I have resolved the issue with the Code Block Editor. I decided to poke around my Internet settings to see if anything could be causing a problem (this is after I dumped my cache which did not resolve the issue) which got me thinking about switching to Compatibility view for the main page, this did not help but back in the Code Block Editor when switching to Compatibility view the editor began working again as it should.

KSG
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 2:46 PM