vista validation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I've recently performed the restoration procedure on my PC b/cos it was infected with viruses and unwanted malicious software which I don't know much about.  I've done this a few times previously and the problem was solved everytime.  However, this time, microsoft refuses to aknowledge the validity of my software saying "this product key is already in use" evertime I enter the microsoft certifaction code and offers me the option to buy a new product key for over £50.  Of course there's no problem with the product key I've already got.  I can't use any of the usuall programs and only this limited access to the internet is possible.  So can the good people of this forum or Microsoft iself be kind enough to suggest a way to solve this problem.  Pls bear in mind that am a complete novice and I had no choice but to register here and ask for help.  I apologise for inviting myself to this forum which is obviously aimed at IT professionals and I promise to leave once I'm helped.  Thanks in advance. 
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 11:17 PM

Answers

• You can reactivate your Windows Vista installation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:  slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation (no charge).

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, December 14, 2009 10:03 PM
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 11:54 PM