Azure BlobClient.UploadAsync: "System.Security.Cryptogaphy.Algorithms is not supported on this platform" RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the .NET 5.0 framework.  When I use the BlobClient.UploadAsync command, I get an error saying: "System.Security.Cryptogaphy.Algorithms is not supported on this platform"

This may be related to the fact that HMAC encryption is not supported (https://github.com/Azure/azure-cosmos-dotnet-v3/issues/1865)

If that's the case, why is this built-in Azure library trying to implement this encryption algorithm, and how can I upload BLOBs without this happening using the SDK?  
    Tuesday, October 6, 2020 12:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Michae,

Thank you for posting here.

Since this thread is related to Azure sdk, I recommend that you can submit an issue in the following link:

Azure SDK for .NET

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 7, 2020 3:02 AM