root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, I can't boot up my computer.  When I try to boot it up, it'll bring me to a boot menu (start in safe mode, start safe mode with network connections, etc.) Any option I click restarts my computer and just brings me back to that screen.  I've tried messing around with the BIOS, and I think I messed it up a little more...tried clicking some of the 'F' keys, and one of them brought up a message like this..."cannot boot because root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe is corrupted" or something like that...I'd be able to figure it out on my own, if only my CD drive worked, then it'd be able to read my XP disk and I might be able to repair it.  So, long story short, I need to figure out how to get back on my computer without any additional help from a disk.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
    Friday, October 16, 2009 5:01 AM

Answers

• Hi, this is Windows Home Server Forums. Best ask your question on appropriate forum or newsgroup, you could start here. Having said that I'm afraid you will not be able to fix this without CD/DVD drive
    Friday, October 16, 2009 6:34 AM