Quick search in crm 2011. RRS feed

• Question

• I Have two views One custom and other system but both having different columns. Can I have an other quick find for custom view because when I search custom view quick search those columns are also showing that I don't want to show . I can't unchecked them from quick find view because they are necessary for system view and when I search on system view those columns are also showing that I have checked for custom view. How I can handle the situation. I want to show only those columns that are  in that view in which I am searching I don't want extra column after search. 
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:48 PM

Answers

• Each time you enter a search string in the searchbox, the search is performed in the current view but results are displayed based on the Quick Find view where you can specify the fields on which the search to be performed as well as the columns to be displayed for the search results. You need to edit the Quick Find View to select the fields that you need displayed for the search results.

There can only be one quick find view per entity so you will get the same columns displayed for the results irrespective of the view that you are currently on.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rana.Fazil Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:38 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

On which entity are you trying to remove columns? All columns are customizable on the quick find view (obviously if it is unmanaged!).

Small Business Accounting Solution for CRM 2011

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:25 PM
  • Hi Rana,

There are two types of columns for a QuickFind view:

1) Find Columns - It includes those columns which you want to do a search upon. E.g; if you want to make a search on FirstName and LastName columns of Contact entity then you add just these two columns by using 'Add Find Columns' link on QuickFind view

2) View Columns- It includes those columns which are shown to the user when a search is completed. E.g; you can show FirstName, LastName, Country, Email, Phone to the user when a search is made and results are found in a Quick Find view. You can add/remove columns to this type by using link 'Add View Columns' in QuickFind view

So, you can have different set of columns for searching and for showing results in a QuickFind. Make sure you have your selected your desired columns for each type of Quick Find columns.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

• Proposed as answer by Imran I Abbasi Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:59 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:58 AM
  • Each time you enter a search string in the searchbox, the search is performed in the current view but results are displayed based on the Quick Find view where you can specify the fields on which the search to be performed as well as the columns to be displayed for the search results. You need to edit the Quick Find View to select the fields that you need displayed for the search results.

There can only be one quick find view per entity so you will get the same columns displayed for the results irrespective of the view that you are currently on.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rana.Fazil Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:38 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:20 AM
  • Ok I got the point but how I can handle this situation Pl z I want to do this . Any out of box functionality 

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:39 PM