Microsoft cont to tell me I have an unauthorized Windows XP Pro. I purchased this computer through a custom install company and they used one ID # on all their custom installs. After I purchased the computer, the company filed chapter 7 and would not re RRS feed

• Question

• When I purchased this computer, it was impossible to find a single computer with Windows XP Pro in the Phoenix Metro area due to Microsoft offering huge retailers incentive to get XP off the sales shelves.  Because it would eventually be necessary to have XP Pro to join a network, I had to hire a company to custom build me a computer.  So they installed what they said was a legal copy of Windows XP Pro but never gave me a back up start up disk nor gave me the registration number so when my computer now crashes indicating illegal copy of XP Pro, I don't know what to do.  The company filed Chapter 7 2 weeks after I purchased the computer and would not refund my purchase. and refused to contact me.  So the name of the company is Pongo Wonga, LLC and did you sell them the right to use a legal copy?  Please let me know what I need to do as fast as possible because my system is crashing every time I open it up and how can I get a back up file to avoid losing massive research infor.?
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 3:32 PM

Answers

• No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:15 PM
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:14 PM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 9:46 PM
  • No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:15 PM
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:14 PM