SSRS Report with Analysis Services Data Source not running in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• I created an SSRS Report based on a SSAS Cube, the report uses a Shared Data source of Type SSAS. I created the data source in the report server. I uploaded the SSRS report to CRM using the Existing File option. The SSRS gets uploaded to CRM without any problems. When I run it however, I get the error below: 

Exception Details: Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportServerException: The report server cannot process the report or shared dataset. The shared data source 'Cube_DataSource' for the report server or SharePoint site is not valid. Browse to the server or site and select a shared data source. (rsInvalidDataSourceReference)

When I use the other option of uploading the report to CRM as a Link to Webpage in which my SSRS report was previously uploaded to SSRS, it works fine. So my question is: If the data source is not SQL Server, should I only use the Linked Webpage option?

Any pointers or clarification is greatly appreciated; my technical background is in BI so I am weaker in the CRM side of things. 

Thank you,

Waldemar

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 4:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

When you upload report to CRM report's datasource is overridden with CRM datasource so your report won't work. Option upload as a link to webpage should work fine.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    Read My blog
    Subscribe for one of my courses

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 9:58 AM
  • Yes, that seems to be the case. I guess I could verify it by running a profiler trace on SQL Server (not SSAS) but I will leave it there.

Thank you very much for your help.

Waldemar

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 3:02 PM