WHS remote access & Windows LIVE ID login RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    i have a problem with the configuration of WHS domain name configuration. The wizzard says that i have to login with a LIVE ID but if i do so, the wizzard always say that email or password are incorrect. i try it with both of my LIVE ID's but with no one the login is accepted. I'm sure that i type in the correct mail and password. What can i do to complete the WHS domain name configuration ??? Sorry for my english, i'm german and if possible, send me answers in german !? Thanks, hope somebody can help me !
    Bye
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 5:35 PM

All replies

• Can you log in directly to Live, via e.g. http://login.live.com ?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 6:10 PM
  • Hi Ken,

yes i can directly login at live.com with both of my LIVE-ID's ! That's what makes me confused !?
    Did you have any solutions or know somebody who can help me ?

Thanks and have a nice day !
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:30 AM
  • Really the only support you're going to get is through Microsoft Connect. They may or may not be able to help (if its a specific Live issue vs if its a WHS software issue)
    Friday, February 26, 2010 1:49 AM
  • Did you check the system time and date (and time zone) of your home server? If these do not match, a logon attempt to Windows Live may fail.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Proposed as answer by ANT Giant Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:33 PM
    Friday, February 26, 2010 9:47 PM
  • Another possibility is that your password is longer than 16 characters. Windows live will autocorrect that problem for you, but windows home server will not.
    • Proposed as answer by ANT Giant Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:12 PM
    Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:11 PM