none
Login issue RRS feed

• Question

• After installing Windows 10,I installed Money Plus and since then I can't login using my Windows Live Id. I used all combinations of old ids and passwords but nothing works.
    Saturday, October 22, 2016 4:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• I suggest you write down each email address you might have used. Then write down all of the email addresses you might have used. Think of permutations. Keep paper and pencil by your bed in case you think of something to try. Think of all of the places that you may have written down your credentials. Even the passwords for other applications may be useful, since many people will use similar passwords for different applications. The password portion of the credentials is case-sensitive.

You must tick the "I want to sign in to Money directly, without access to all online services.  " To get that choice, ou may have
    to disconnect from the Internet.  Start Money, and try to log in offline.  Try all of the permutations you can think of.  Write down
    what worked.  We did have one poster succeed in remembering the credentials.

Do not attempt to change your LiveID.  In any case, you will need to use the credentials that were in effect at the time that you
    saved that Money file.

Once inside of your file, in Money Sunset, to remove the Live ID, go to File->PasswordManager, and choose to remove your LiveID.  To remove or add a conventional password, also see File->PasswordManager.

If you are convinced that the credentials you are entering are the ones that were used when the file was saved, you could try restoring your newest or second-newest file. You can choose a new name to avoid overwriting your *.mny file.

Saturday, October 22, 2016 5:13 PM
  • Thank you very much, very helpful. Once I disconnected from the Internet, my login was immediate.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:32 PM