RESOLVED--Current Learning Platform Problems - April 7th, 2008 RRS feed

• General discussion

• We are currently experiencing two issues with the Learning Platform at this time:

• Some customers are unable to log into their courses and receive the Learning Platform error page: This is actively being investigated by the product team and an update will be posted when available.

• Some customers are unable to log into Learning Assessments: The fix for this is in the works and is tentatively scheduled to be deployed Monday morning.

• We apologize in advance for any inconvenience you may experience and are actively working to resolve these issues.

Updates will be posted to the site and to the forums when available.

Thanks!

Program Manager, Sustained Engineering Team
Sunday, April 6, 2008 2:04 AM

All replies

• I just wan't to let you know, that I'm experiencing the problem where I get the error page. But as I see it, the problem occurs before this:

1. I logon to microsoftelearning.com and I get to see MyEleaning and I get to see the list of courses I've bought access to.
    2. I click on a course (in this case couse 5246) and I get to see the a page with the description of the course. But... at this point I'm all of a sudden NOT logged in any longer. I can see that, because there's a button with the text Login, and allso there's a text suggesting me to buy this course (that I have bought).

My conclusion on this is: My credentials (wether I'm logged in or not) are not "transferred" through state from MyElearning to the courses main details page.

I'ts a sad situation for me, that I cannot get access to the course I've paid money for to access: Tomorrow I won't be able to participate in a planned study group meeting :-( I hope that I get some sort of refund or compensation for not being able to use the product I've bought???

Regards,

Joergen

MCP
    Sunday, April 6, 2008 9:51 AM
  • Hi Alicia

Thanks for posting an update about the situation.

Is there any sort of indication as to when all this will be fixed?

Regards,

Melanie Foster

Sunday, April 6, 2008 7:01 PM
  • TechieMom1973 said:

Hi Alicia

Regards,

Melanie Foster

Hi Melanie-

The goal is to have this issue resolved as quickly as possible. That may not give you the exact date/time that you may be looking for but rest assured the issue is being investigated as a high priority. As soon as I have another update, I'll post a message.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Sunday, April 6, 2008 8:33 PM
  • Hello,

I am a new customer that bought Collection 2555 on April 3:rd (last Thursday). Issue described above have been existing for me since the time of my purchase; in other words I've not yet been able to access product that I bought for almost five days ago. I'm sorry, but I have to say that I am deeply dissapointed in how slow this issue is being resolved and over the lack of information. If I didn't stumble over this forum by pure coincedence, I would still wonder if the problem was caused on my end or Microsoft's.

I would appreciate if someone from Microsoft could post information about estimated resolution time for this problem. Also, what is Microsoft's policy for time-restricted purchases (my access to the course I've bought is limited to 180 days, if I remember correctly) when product is not available for extended time period due to Microsoft's technical problems?

With regards,
    Marcus Bertman
    Monday, April 7, 2008 10:32 AM
  • Hello,

I am a new user and I purchased the subscription a few days back. Like the other users, I am also extremely frustrated at not being able to use the course. You had originally posted that the site would be up by Monday but it is not.

It would be helpful if you could provide more concrete date as to when the site would be working.

Thanks,
    A Pareek
    Monday, April 7, 2008 6:30 PM
  • Alicia Cales said:

We are currently experiencing two issues with the Learning Platform at this time:

• Some customers are unable to log into their courses and receive the Learning Platform error page: This is actively being investigated by the product team and an update will be posted when available.

• Some customers are unable to log into Learning Assessments: The fix for this is in the works and is tentatively scheduled to be deployed Monday morning.

• We apologize in advance for any inconvenience you may experience and are actively working to resolve these issues.

Updates will be posted to the site and to the forums when available.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

The Learning Manager site issues have been resolved and you should be able to access your courses now.  Please attempt to access the courses purchased and let me know if you continue to see problems.

Thanks-
Alicia
Monday, April 7, 2008 11:05 PM
  • annp said:

Hello,

I am a new user and I purchased the subscription a few days back. Like the other users, I am also extremely frustrated at not being able to use the course. You had originally posted that the site would be up by Monday but it is not.

It would be helpful if you could provide more concrete date as to when the site would be working.

Thanks,
    A Pareek

Hi Ann-

We are back up and running now.  Please attempt to login and let us know if you have problems.  The site is up and running as of today, Monday, April 7th, 2008.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Monday, April 7, 2008 11:43 PM
  • Marcus Bertman said:

Hello,

I am a new customer that bought Collection 2555 on April 3:rd (last Thursday). Issue described above have been existing for me since the time of my purchase; in other words I've not yet been able to access product that I bought for almost five days ago. I'm sorry, but I have to say that I am deeply dissapointed in how slow this issue is being resolved and over the lack of information. If I didn't stumble over this forum by pure coincedence, I would still wonder if the problem was caused on my end or Microsoft's.

I would appreciate if someone from Microsoft could post information about estimated resolution time for this problem. Also, what is Microsoft's policy for time-restricted purchases (my access to the course I've bought is limited to 180 days, if I remember correctly) when product is not available for extended time period due to Microsoft's technical problems?

With regards,
    Marcus Bertman

Hi Marcus-

We have resolved the production issue with the Learning Platform.  Please attempt to access your courses and let me know if you continue to have problems.

These Forums were recently launched as a result of our last release (April 3rd, 2008) and we will be featuring them on the Learning Manager site itself soon.  There is a 3rd Forum coming in which we will post annoucements, scheduled downtime, etc regarding future releases of the Learning Platform so be sure to check that out.

Thanks for your feedback and I do apologize for any inconvenience this caused you.

Alicia

Monday, April 7, 2008 11:50 PM
  • TechieMom1973 said:

Hi Alicia

Regards,

Melanie Foster

Hi Melanie-

We are back online and the issues have been resolved.  Please attempt to access your courses and let me know if you see a problem.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Monday, April 7, 2008 11:51 PM
  • Hi Alicia,

It appears that everything is working correctly for me.

Melanie Foster
    Tuesday, April 8, 2008 1:00 AM
  • the Learning Center still runs like a 3 legged donkey on valium. Still get Error messages. Hardly a showcase for Microsoft's committment to training and learning is it?
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 1:10 PM
  • We are working on deploying a hotfix to the live site that should fix the performance you are seeing.

Thank you for your patience while this is being addressed.

Alicia
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 9:01 PM