CLR Error: 80004005 RRS feed

• Question

• I have uninstalled and reinstalled framework 1.0,1.1,2.0,3.0 & 3.5.  I still get this CLR Error: 80004005 when I try synctoy 2.0 and another program movieplayer.   I do have visual studio 2005.  Do I have to uninstall that too? 
    Friday, August 21, 2009 11:37 PM

Answers

• I tried that but that didnt solve the problem.

This took me a while but I am glad to say it is now ok.  Here is what I did for anybody else having this problem.
    I did inplace upgrade of xp sp3 with a slipstreamed xp sp3 cd - this did not solve the problem - no need to do this
    I ran sfc /scannow on a command line.  this requires the last cd you used to upgrade/install windows.  After it did its thing, I rebooted.  
    I removed all the .net.  Just to be sure I downloaded Aaron Stebner's .Net Framework Cleanup tool http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx . Ran the cleanup tool. rebooted.
    Used windows update and applied all the changes/security updates etc.  Then from the same windows update, installed .Net 1.1 and 3.51 (which is supposed to have the 2.0 and such).  rebooted.
    Wohla ... now both the synctoy 2.0 and the movieplayer works.
    Thanks Microsoft for making me miserable for a few days :-)
    • Marked as answer by Dave Mahadevan Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:59 PM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave, 
             Maybe you do not need to uninstall VS 2005, you can take a look of this link, it says .net framework pre-release version may not work well, you should reinstall the RTM version. Had a try and see if the error still there.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/549ec74f-5a52-4273-aaf9-8743ca85026e

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:27 AM
  • I tried that but that didnt solve the problem.

This took me a while but I am glad to say it is now ok.  Here is what I did for anybody else having this problem.
    I did inplace upgrade of xp sp3 with a slipstreamed xp sp3 cd - this did not solve the problem - no need to do this
    I ran sfc /scannow on a command line.  this requires the last cd you used to upgrade/install windows.  After it did its thing, I rebooted.  
    I removed all the .net.  Just to be sure I downloaded Aaron Stebner's .Net Framework Cleanup tool http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx . Ran the cleanup tool. rebooted.
    Used windows update and applied all the changes/security updates etc.  Then from the same windows update, installed .Net 1.1 and 3.51 (which is supposed to have the 2.0 and such).  rebooted.
    Wohla ... now both the synctoy 2.0 and the movieplayer works.
    Thanks Microsoft for making me miserable for a few days :-)
    • Marked as answer by Dave Mahadevan Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:59 PM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:24 PM
  • Good to hear your problem was resolved.

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:01 AM