Could not load file or assembly 'Wssg.RemoteAccessSite' RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to develop a remote access addin. I went through the steps to setup a sandbox and a new project for a web addin. 

This is the error I get. Has anyone seen this or can anyone help? I already tried to re download the file.

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: User = IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool
    LOG: DisplayName = Wssg.RemoteAccessSite
     (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/sandbox/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\sandbox\bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\sandbox\web.config
    LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Aspnet.config
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET Files/sandbox/a14604fa/2c32340b/Wssg.RemoteAccessSite.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET Files/sandbox/a14604fa/2c32340b/Wssg.RemoteAccessSite/Wssg.RemoteAccessSite.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/sandbox/bin/Wssg.RemoteAccessSite.DLL.
    LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\sandbox\web.config
    LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Aspnet.config
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Wssg.RemoteAccessSite, Version=6.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131045). Probing terminated.

Stack Trace: 

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Wssg.RemoteAccessSite' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified. The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)]

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Wssg.RemoteAccessSite, Version=6.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified. The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)]
      System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
      System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +43
      System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +127
      System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +142
      System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
      System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +46

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'Wssg.RemoteAccessSite, Version=6.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified. The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)]
      System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +613
      System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +203
      System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +105
      System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal() +29
      System.Web.Compilation.CompilationUtil.GetTypeFromAssemblies(AssemblyCollection assembliesCollection, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) +132
      System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +291
      System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.AddProfilePropertySettingsForCompilation(ProfilePropertySettingsCollection propertyCollection, Hashtable ht, String groupName) +294
      System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.GetPropertiesForCompilation() +185
      System.Web.Compilation.ProfileBuildProvider.get_HasCompilableProfile() +20
      System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +477
      System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) +125
      System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() +265
      System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +320

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Wssg.RemoteAccessSite, Version=6.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified. The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)]
      System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +58
      System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +512
      System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +729

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Wssg.RemoteAccessSite, Version=6.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified. The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)]
      System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8897659
      System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
      System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +333

Saturday, May 8, 2010 12:08 AM

Answers

• Eh....

I thought this machine was X64.. That was the problem...

I don't know why I installed 32bit but I just used windows 7 x64 VM and I'm ok now.

Saturday, May 8, 2010 12:40 AM

All replies

• Same thing but different DLL when trying to build project...

Warning 1 C:\Users\abc\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WebAddIn2\WebAddIn2\Gadget.ascx: ASP.NET runtime error: Could not load file or assembly 'Wssg.Web, Version=6.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified.  The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045) C:\Users\abc\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WebAddIn2\WebAddIn2\Gadget.ascx 1 1 WebAddIn2

Saturday, May 8, 2010 12:23 AM
  • Eh....

I thought this machine was X64.. That was the problem...

I don't know why I installed 32bit but I just used windows 7 x64 VM and I'm ok now.

Saturday, May 8, 2010 12:40 AM