xp antivirus 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• i downloaded xp antivirus 2008 because there is a message on my screen that says that i need to install a antivirus or spyware remover so i installed xp antivirus 2008 when i installed it , it said that i had 612 viruses in my computer and to get rid of them i needed to get xp antivirus 2008 registered and so i did i bought the $70 package and it gave me a username and password and now i just cant get my license to activate i still have the viruses and my screen still says that i need install  a antivirus or spyware remover
    can someone help me ???????
    Saturday, August 2, 2008 4:21 PM

Answers

• XP Antivirus is malware not an antivirus product. I suggest disputing the charge with your credit card company as soon as possible. To remove the XP Antivirus malware from your computer:

If you are using Windows Live One Care contact support for help with removal. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If you are not using Windows Live One Care contact the Microsoft Security Hotline for help with removal - 1-866-727-2338.

Saturday, August 2, 2008 4:36 PM