none
The 'Unexpected Error' for proposing or marking answers of people with considerable amount of points is not fixed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just want to let all of you know that the problem we raised before is still not fixed and quite often I am getting 'Unexpected Error' trying to propose or mark an answer. However, there is a difference with the previous behavior - now this action doesn't mark that answer as proposed or marked, so there is a possibility of re-try. However, most people will not re-try and the end result is still the same - the answer is not marked or proposed.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, February 1, 2013 3:02 AM

Answers

• Just curious for how long it's going to be a "known issue". Is it going to be addressed eventually?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

There is no ETA.  You know they don't give dates for a very good reason. You know this is already a known issue.

They are working on it. It is a known issue. It will be addressed.

Please review the purpose of this forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/416b1315-31b2-43e0-8806-d43fbf287076 

Here, I'll paste it in:

What It’s For

This forum is for submitting bugs and discussing current Forums issues. Possible "answers" include solutions, getting the bug logged to the product team, and/or links to other threads that are tracking the bug/issue.

We don’t guarantee fixes (it's just a bonus if we provide one). If you want an issue fixed, see the support solutions below. 

Forum Issue Support

To open a support ticket about a specific forum issue, see Option 1Option 2Or email "fissues" at Microsoft.

=================

That's it. That's all this forum provides. This is a known issue. They're working on it. No ETA. They don't have release dates because they are a service organization that needs to juggle bug fixes, performance, spam, and product requests.

And just to be clear: I completely agree with everything in this thread. I've seen it a lot and have had to work around it. It can be frustrating, and it needs to be fixed..

I found various workarounds you can try. The workaround each time seems to be slightly different, so I usually just experiment until something works:

1. Refresh page. 

2. Vote a post as helpful.

3. Try to propose/mark again.

4. Refresh page.

I get it about 99% of the time that way.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:20 AM
    Owner

All replies