Failure in import of customizations in CRM4(SQL Server Error???) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to import customization from one CRM4 to another. for some entities I get the error "Failure: <entity>_DuplicateMatchingRecord: A SQL Server error occured. If problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support."

NOTE: The error specifies the entity name followed by "_DuplicateMatchingRecord"

Originally the Dev system was a mirror image of the live system on VPC. That failing, I tried a fresh copy on a VPC with new CRM4 install and still no joy. I'm so frustrated at the way every simple job seems to have some little issue with it. I never saw that footnote in any documentation.

Thanks for the help..

Kia

Friday, June 20, 2008 1:53 AM

Answers

• I've seen this where I'm trying to import in customizations from one environment to the other, and the other environment already has a custom entity with the same schema name as the one that I'm trying to import.  For example, I already have an entity called new_suitcases in environment 1, and I create the same entity in environment 2, then try to import the other custom entity.

I would recommend that use use Imran's recommended debug tool, turn on SQL  trace and see exactly what attribute is causing the problem, if that doesn't shed enough light on the issue for you to solve, open a case with support.  They can help you solve it.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:01 AM

All replies

• Incidentally, this entity has no duplicate detection on the source system. If I add this option, then it will import correctly in the destination. But ofcourse, I don't need to go into why this is not exactly the idea of the export/import functionality. Could it be a bug of some kind?
    Friday, June 20, 2008 2:49 AM
  • Wow.. I though CRM had an intention to make things easy and hand some power to non-technical users. This diag tool is worst than trying to write a CRM tool from scratch. It gave me a log file with about 300 lines of random letters and numbers... None of which I could make any sense of.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:24 AM
  • I've seen this where I'm trying to import in customizations from one environment to the other, and the other environment already has a custom entity with the same schema name as the one that I'm trying to import.  For example, I already have an entity called new_suitcases in environment 1, and I create the same entity in environment 2, then try to import the other custom entity.

I would recommend that use use Imran's recommended debug tool, turn on SQL  trace and see exactly what attribute is causing the problem, if that doesn't shed enough light on the issue for you to solve, open a case with support.  They can help you solve it.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:01 AM
  • debug it http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/archive/2008/03/04/crmdiagtool4-for-microsoft-crm-4-0-has-been-released.aspx

you can get attribute value

else  contact MS for support.. but if you give us the proper log file it will help to get it work.

Regards,

Imran

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:13 PM