Live Meeting greyed out with Cisco Remote Call control RRS feed

• Question

• We are trialing Cisco/ OCS intergration using a CUPS server. We have got click to dial, On Call presence working ok.

Interesting problem whereby the button for "Share Information Using Live Meeting" is greyed out on a audio call "chat session" initated through Cisco IP phones or on click to dial. No errors the button is just not clickable. This in on the drop down menu list on the top right hand corner of the chat window.

Live meeting otherwise works fine on a normal chat window. Have installed the latest live meeting client (22 Jan) no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this, or got a similar rig they could try it on?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:51 PM

All replies

• I might be wrong, but couldn't it be that this has something to do with Live Meeting talking SIREN and the Cisco IpPhone not being able to use that codec?

Not sure though... .

Friday, February 29, 2008 2:13 PM
  • We have experienced the exact same behavior with OCS 2007, CUPS 6.0.2. and Cisco UCM 6.1 on the latest clients as of this writing.

As an additional data point the opposite behavior happens: If I start a Live Meeting from Office Communicator I can't use Remote Call Control (RCC) in the same chat window.

If you open a second chat window with the same contact both options (RCC or "Share Information Using Live Meeting") once again appear.

To summarize the problem, a single Office Communicator IM chat window in our environment can either use RCC or Live Meeting, but not both.

I haven't tried playing with OCS/MOC group policy settings to determine if there is a correlation between this behavior and the Telephony Mode GPO setting:

Telephonymode:

0 = Enable computer-to-computer calling only. No call control is enabled (default).

1 = Enable enterprise voice telephony features.

2 = Enable RCC and computer-to-computer calling.

3 = Enable both enterprise voice and RCC.

4 = Enable RCC without computer-to-computer calling.

5 = IM and Presence only; no audio

This setting in our OCS GPO is currently undefined, and RCC is configured only on my user account in AD and on CUPS. I will be modifying some of these settings and will report back any positive results.

Cameron

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:26 PM
  •  

Thanks for the replies. It appears that this is "by design" according to MS. As this is not a VIOP call there is no SDP media exchange, the phone number is provided in the CSTA XML data. So there is no ability to escalate to media (LIVE Meeting) from with a RCC/ CSTA call. 

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:37 PM
  • We also have OCS 2007, CUPS 6.0.2. and Cisco UCM 6.1 and have the exact same problem.  Our workaround is to have various parties call into our conference call platform and then instantiate the Live Meeting conference seperately.  This, however, defeats the purpose and the value of the flexibility.  I personally think they should provide a mechanism (GPO setting or registry key) to decouple this functionality so that RCC users have the ability to start a Live Meetins session regardless of presence state...

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:16 PM
  •  Cameron321 wrote:

I haven't tried playing with OCS/MOC group policy settings to determine if there is a correlation between this behavior and the Telephony Mode GPO setting:

This setting in our OCS GPO is currently undefined, and RCC is configured only on my user account in AD and on CUPS. I will be modifying some of these settings and will report back any positive results.

Cameron,

Take a look at this thread for some more discussion on that TelephonyMode setting: http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2661842&SiteID=57

I experimented with that setting during some RCC pre-deployment testing and it did NOT behave the way I expected.  MS PSS was also unable to confirm/deny the same behavior as they didn't have an RCC-enabled lab to work with.

Friday, May 23, 2008 2:52 PM