WHS 2011 is not picking up video RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently added a video to my Videos share, but it is not displaying in the Media section of the Remote Web Access. It is in the .m4v format. MP4. I have other m4v files in the collection of similar size that appear, and I can play, but this one stubbornly refuses to become available. Does anyone have any ideas for troubleshooting?

Many thanks,

Ben.

Friday, April 15, 2011 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Folks,

I figured out what was wrong. I needed to adjust the parameters of the software I was using to encode the video. It seems WHS 2011 is a bit picky about the type of MP4 it can stream? Not sure. Anyway if you have a similar problem, try tweaking the encoding software and testing it on the first 5 mins of video, and keep going till it works or not!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:34 PM
  • I'm having the exact same issue encoding mp4 files with handbrake.  I switched some option and now they won't stream in the remote web access like they use to.  I've been trying all sorts of different encoder settings but nothing will show up in remote access anymore.  If you don't mind sharing, what setting did you end up changing?  Thanks!
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:05 AM