Unable to Retrieve Data for a Custom Entity via API RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I'm working on a data migration into CRM 2011 using Scribe Insight to load in legacy data via its built in Dynamics API adapter.  I've hit a very odd problem with one of our custom entities (called Order Activity).  For all other entities we have created, I can use Scribe to retrieve data from CRM to use in a subsequent step.  In this case, I'm trying to lookup an order activity using a unique identifier so I can tell whether to do an update or Insert step.

For other entities, e.g. out of the box entities such as Contact and all other custom entities I've built, this works fine.  However, for this specific custom entity no data is returned.  The entity currently contains 11,000 records but Scribe can't see any of them!  No API error message is returned either, just "no source data found".  I've tried querying SQL Server directly using the same user credentials but this works fine so it doesn't appear to be a permissions issue. 

Does anyone have any ideas where I should start troubleshooting please?  I'm bit of a Dynamics novice but I've done extensive googling, and posted in the scribe forums, but to no avail.  Any help greatly appreciated!

Friday, December 20, 2013 10:05 AM

All replies

• Bumping this in case anyone has any ideas!  I've also cross posted to the dynamics community website.
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 9:56 AM