Validation Problems after installing 2 dvd burners and wireless mouse and keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• After installing 2 dvd burners and a wireless mouse and keyboard (at the same time) I now get this wonderful message from Microsoft that I've exceeded the number of installs for my valid license that I paid for. If I were to put my computer back to exactly the way it was before the fear of God was put in me will it just go back to the way it was without any validation problems? I doubt it but thought I would ask anyway.
    Thursday, January 4, 2007 4:31 AM

Answers

• Dustin,

XP's Product Activation system allows you to change installed hardware over a period of time, but a lot of sudden changes will cause you to have to reactivate.

The message about having activated too many times is encountered most often by computer enthusiasts who do a lot of tinkering with the installed hardware on the computer.

Please rerun the Activation Wizard, but this time choose Activate by Telephone.  If the Telephonic Activation system also says you have activated too many times, chooe the option to speak with a live telephone rep.  The rep will ask some questions to make sure you are still using XP in accordance with the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA), and if so will give you an Activation code.

Thursday, January 4, 2007 5:10 AM