Tuneup needs "exclusions" option RRS feed

• Question

• Product change request:

I'm on v2, 2318.

I have a couple of desktops, and a hub they all get backed up to.

After everybody backs up to the hub, the hub backs itself up to an external hard drive. So, I have two copies of all backups. So far so good.

However, the external hard drive is kinda large and will get even larger once I start some new video projects. I've already had to exclude the virus check from this drive because it took forever (but then, it was all checked on the desktops anyway). 

But even worse, the tuneup's defrag is literally taking a full day. I only want to tuneup every couple of weeks, but when it's taking place my whole system is very very busy and is not too usable (despite having plenty of dual-core CPU and memory).

So, we need an "exclusions" routine for the tuneup where I can add the entire drive to the list of exclusions, and it won't get tuned up and take forever.

I'm following the OneCare "methodology" to the letter and it's a great product so far (although I wish it would allow me to attach the external drive via an external SATA connector instead of the USB). But this one thing kills it. And if I shut off "tune up", it goes yellow on me.

-Jeff

www.DrivingEnthusiast.net

Friday, August 17, 2007 11:35 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback. This is a feature request that I was hoping would be addressed in 2.0, but it still hasn't.

-steve

Monday, August 20, 2007 1:25 AM