If you could not get by LiveID login on Feb 1 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I kept Live ID for security reason, but like many people in different forms could not get by the log in screen today. I am not sure this would work for everyone, but it worked for me (Money 2007 Deluxe). I disconnected internet and changed date back to Jan 31, was able to log into Money, and then turned off password. So far even with date returned to Feb 1, it seems to be working okay, and quotes are still updated (surprisingly).
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 10:19 PM

All replies

• I kept Live ID for security reason, but like many people in different forms could not get by the log in screen today. I am not sure this would work for everyone, but it worked for me (Money 2007 Deluxe). I disconnected internet and changed date back to Jan 31, was able to log into Money, and then turned off password. So far even with date returned to Feb 1, it seems to be working okay, and quotes are still updated (surprisingly).
    You can have a password without having Live ID
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 11:15 PM
  • I turned off WLID on Jan 31 to avoid this problem.

But now that quotes seems to be working ok, I am thinking of putting WLID back on. Has anybody tried this? Is it advisable?

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:26 AM
  • I turned off WLID on Jan 31 to avoid this problem.

But now that quotes seems to be working ok, I am thinking of putting WLID back on. Has anybody tried this? Is it advisable?

To work with Ultrasoft I assume... You could restore a backup from before you removed the LiveID  to a different filename. Try it both ways, and see which works better for you.

You can use the MRU list at the bottom of the File menu to switch files.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:52 AM

Thanks. I had somehow missed the implications of this. I hope your date-setting technique gets people in. I modified the process in the sticky thread to take advantage of your observation.
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:31 AM