none
Real time algorithm in C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone. First, i dont know if I choose right "sub"forum for my question so dont be mad if I totally choose wrong one.
    So I need to build real time algorithm who will put members in group according to their perferences in C#. Does anybody have idea or some links/paper where I can found some ideas how to start. Algorithm must be in real time, that the problem for me. It will be used in wep app (build in asp.net MVC) where members will define their own perferences and then algorithm will find their "perfect" group to join.

• Moved by Harry Zhu Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:16 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:58 PM

All replies

• Define "real time"...

Desktop versions of Windows are not real time operating systems, although I believe that Windows CE is.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:14 PM
  • hmm..I'll do my best describe it in following situation... group leader defines what are  preferences of group.. like programing language, skill, grade etc...  and then member log on and define their preferences like c#, 3 years of skill, 4.0 GPA and then algorithm give him some suggestion what group he can belong, or put him automatically in that particular group. and that same member day after change language to Java, then algorithm must put him in another group where his criteria are satisfied. and all of that must be like in real time.. maybe my definition of real time is false and I'm making huge mistake ? 

part of assignment " Algorithm of group builder must work in real time and do corrections according to change of personal preference of students and coordinators of groups."

Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:29 PM
  • "Real time" normally means that code must be able to respond to some kind of hardware-related event within a certain timeframe (often in the order of microseconds) and such events must not be missed while the software is already handling one of the events.

But what you describe seems far removed from that definition...

Does your definition just mean "must respond within a couple of seconds"? If so, that's not real-time; it's just a "responsive UI"...
    Friday, November 13, 2009 10:08 AM
  • Hi,

For the
    questions relating to asp.net ,please post to: http://forums.asp.net/.

Thanks,
    Harry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:16 AM