locked
Custom Report Parameter not populating. RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a report that I'm building out with BIDS for CRM 2011. I have my dataset set up for prefiltering. It uses the following query.

    Select *
    From Filterednew_quote as CRMAF_Filterednew_quote

    I also have a parameter that should be populated from the GUID of the record that is returned in the dataset above. When I preview the report within BIDS, it builds fine and runs correctly. However, when I import the file into CRM, the parameter never gets populated and so the report does't run correctly. I usually get "The expected parameter has not been supplied" error. Anyone have a clue what might be going on and why the parameter isn't being populated.

    Thanks!

    Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:06 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Is your parameter set to 'Hidden' or 'Internal'? Try setting the parameter not to be hidden so you can confirm that it's not being populated. If it is, try setting it to 'Hidden' and not 'Internal'

    hth,

    Scott


    Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:16 PM
    Answerer
  • I've tried setting it to Hidden, Internal, and Visible.  When it is Visible, it is in fact empty and there isn't a value to select.
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:18 PM
  • Hi,

    Interesting - In 'Advanced' do you have 'Automatically determine when to refresh' and is your parameter bottom of the list of parameters?

    It could also be that your filters are being provided by CRM so that no records are returned from your auto filtering. This would explain why it works in VS but not in CRM.

    hth


    Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:27 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, "Automatically determine when to refresh" is selected and that is the only parameter. 

    I think it might be a problem on one of the servers or with the CRM Org as the ootb reports are not working either now.

    Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:35 PM
  • You need to specify the entity when you uploaded the report in CRM


    Regards Faisal

    Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

    Please run CRM 2011 Diagnostic tool tracing while trying to Upload the report. It will give you proper error.

    Hope this helps!

    Thanks!

    Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:46 PM
  • I did the very same thing less than a month ago.

    Create a dataset FilQuote with query 

    SELECT     quoteid
    FROM         FilteredQuote AS CRMAF_filteredQuote

    and add a field quoteid in the same dataset.

    Then add a hidden text parameter quoteid to the report, with default value "Get values from a query", Dataset = "FilQuote", Value field = "quoteid".

    Then in the other datasets use 

    WHERE FilteredQuote.quoteid = @quoteid

    when filtering for the record.

    Note the use of FilteredQuote instead of CRMAF_FilteredQuote in the last step.

    Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:08 PM