none
Bing Maps RRS feed

• General discussion

• Recently I discovered a picture of a rabbit upon logging into my pc and when taken to the Bing Images page read a fantastically improvised fairytale of how the "Easter Bunny" came to be.  I think it would be more pertinent to speak of how Easter much like the Goddess' name Ishtar was celebrated in an effort to ease the conversion from Paganism to Christianity and make it more "palatable".  The Rabbit has long been a symbol of fertility which is ever so important to ushering in spring when fecundity is so vital.  Just as the birth of Christ, celebrated on December 25th, is actually the date of the Roman Saturnalia, the Easter celebration was a compromise with the people that were being corralled into a new religion. 
    Wednesday, April 24, 2019 7:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Val,

1. Bing Maps does not supply images of bunnies.  I suspect you are asking about Windows Hello which posted a picture of a fox on my PC today.

2.  MSDN is the Microsoft Developer Network and is for Developer questions.  Please use Answers.Microsoft.com for user questions.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, April 26, 2019 8:28 PM