CRM Install Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

This is my first post so please let me know if you need more info or if im messing something up. Basically, I have downloaded MS CRM and am trying to install on a stand alone server, Server 2008 R2 SP1 x64 (ESXi VM). I tried to install CRM and when I launch the setup, I get a prerequisite error. So, I checked the logs and found this:

19:24:57|   Info| No pending reboot detected

19:24:57|   Info| Installing Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime

19:24:57|   Info| Launching external process:
    19:24:57|   Info|      CmdLine:  <"C:\Users\**removed**\Desktop\en_microsoft_dynamics_crm_server_2011_x86_x64_dvd_641442\Redist\VcRedist\vcredist_x64.exe" /q /norestart>
    19:24:57|   Info|   WorkingDir: <C:\Users\**removed**\Desktop\en_microsoft_dynamics_crm_server_2011_x86_x64_dvd_641442\Redist\VcRedist>
    19:24:58|   Info| Installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime failed. Exit code: 5100. Result: Asia
    19:25:20|  Error| Installation of one or more missing prerequisite components failed., Error, OK
    19:25:20|   Info| InputResult: OK

The install will not go past the licensing portion. It just hangs and does nothing. So, I uninstalled C++ from control panel and ran the setup again. The install got far enough to setup service accounts and at part of the install, SQL server errored. No problem. I install SQL Server 2010, which was a flawless install. 

So back to CRM install. I run the setup and I get the same C++ errors. I read a blog that said to uninstall and reinstall but I have already done that. I havnt tried a 2nd time to uninstall and reinstall, but I wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this. Otherwise, Ill uninstall or reinstall again. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

- Korey

Friday, September 7, 2012 2:46 AM

Answers

• I've seen this error when the CRM installer requires an older version of the C++ Runtime that is currently installed.

Try and run the C++ Runtime installer manually, using the link in the log:
    C:\Users\**removed**\Desktop\en_microsoft_dynamics_crm_server_2011_x86_x64_dvd_641442\Redist\VcRedist\vcredist_x64.exe

Does it give you an error during the install of this? If it says you have a newer version installed, you will need to go into Add Remove Programs, and uninstall the C++ Runtime x64 again, then re-run the C++ Runtime installer manually. If this succeeds, the CRM installer should not complain.

Hope that helps!

-Paul

• Marked as answer by Korey O Friday, September 7, 2012 6:31 PM
    Friday, September 7, 2012 6:48 AM

All replies

• I've seen this error when the CRM installer requires an older version of the C++ Runtime that is currently installed.

C:\Users\**removed**\Desktop\en_microsoft_dynamics_crm_server_2011_x86_x64_dvd_641442\Redist\VcRedist\vcredist_x64.exe

Does it give you an error during the install of this? If it says you have a newer version installed, you will need to go into Add Remove Programs, and uninstall the C++ Runtime x64 again, then re-run the C++ Runtime installer manually. If this succeeds, the CRM installer should not complain.

Hope that helps!

-Paul

• Marked as answer by Korey O Friday, September 7, 2012 6:31 PM
    Friday, September 7, 2012 6:48 AM

Hope that helps!

-Paul

Thank you, sir. This was pretty much what we were thinking as well. When I uninstalled C++ the first time, CRM used the correct C++ runtime during install. Since I didnt have SQL server 2012 installed, I had to exit the CRM setup. With that said, my partner and I are pretty sure SQL server used a newer version of the runtime and thats probably what made the error return in CRM. I will try what Paul suggested and return with the answer. Thanks!

- Korey

Friday, September 7, 2012 5:15 PM

Hope that helps!

-Paul

Thanks Paul. I was able to get past the prerequisites by uninstalling C++ Runtime and letting the CRM install its own. I hope this helps others in the future if they see this error. Thanks!

- Korey

Friday, September 7, 2012 6:31 PM
  • If I am uninstalling the newer version of the runtime might compromise other components, isn't it?

Kind regards

Daniel

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:25 PM