Calling Party Name RRS feed

• Question

• Our mediations server is not passing the Calling Party Name down to the Media gateway. Any Ideas on what to configure to have OCS pass a Calling Party Name down to the media gateway? So far no luck.

+1919xxxxxxx,,,+1919xxxxxxx@mediationserver.xxxxxxxxxx.net->+1919xxxxxxx,,10.xxx.xxx.xxx,+1919xxxxxxx

That is the infomation from the call log on the media gateway. The calling party name is supposed to go after the first comma.
    Friday, June 6, 2008 8:03 PM

All replies

• Is your gateway certified for OCS?

Have a look here

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb735838.aspx

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:44 PM
  • Yes the gateway is one of the OCS certified ones. It is a Dialogic 2000 series gateway.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:28 PM
  • What scenario are you trying to test?

Normal dialing or call forwarding?

Thursday, June 12, 2008 3:33 PM
  • We have the same problem:

Calling Party Name is not sent through mediations server.

Scenario - normal dialing

Media gateway - Dialogic: DMG4000

Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:23 AM
  • Can you do a New Debug Session on your Mediation Server

And Select S4 and MediationServer

Start the Debug Session

Check the log with Snooper tool from Resource kit

And look for Sip invite messages

Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:54 AM
  • OCS server -> Mediation server

FROM: "CHKZ (Chris Kxxxxxxxx)"<sip:chkz@xxxxxxx.com>;tag=cca408bac9;epid=6655613395

TO: <sip:+1919xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com;user=phone>

Mediation server -> Media Gateway

FROM: <sip:+1919xxxxxxx@mediationserver.xxxxxxxxxxx.net;user=phone>;epid=ECAEADF972;tag=8449523e8TO: <sip:+1919xxxxxxx@10.xxx.xxx.xxx;user=phone>

Friday, June 27, 2008 5:50 PM
  • OK I misunderstood you want the name and not the phone number

Well I think that is not possible

Friday, June 27, 2008 11:00 PM
  • field FROM: "CHKZ (Chris Kxxxxxxxx)" = field "Calling Party Name" ??

If it so why the mediation server does not transfer necessary data?
    Monday, June 30, 2008 8:07 AM
  •  

This seems like a simple thing. To populate the portion of the SIP packet designated for the Caller Party Name with the account name from AD just like PC to PC calls. The whole purpose of the Mediation Server role is to transcode from RT to SIP and obviously RT sends the caller party name because I can see AD names when people perform communicator calls so why does the mediation server not do this? This has to be a big design flaw or I'm overlooking something in my config.
    Monday, July 14, 2008 7:05 PM
  • OCS is not designed that way.

OCS always performs reverse lookup for incomming numbers or sip addresses, the name is not send by the clients

Communicator looks up numbers using one of two sources:

• the address book produced by the Address Book Service on the LCS server; this is generated daily from whatever you've got in Active Directory.
    • contacts in the user's local Outlook address book (or Windows address book)

So your PBX should also do Reverse Number Lookups if you want the Display names

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 7:31 PM