WiFi Security on WLOC RRS feed

• Question

• I installed WLOC security on my wireless router, but now my cell phone can't access the router.  The network wants a security key.  I was able to install it with a flash drive on my other laptop, but now the phone wants the security key.  How do I find the access key for the secured network?
    Friday, February 8, 2008 9:29 PM

Answers

• From Instant Help:

Find your network name and network key
    To add a computer to a wireless network if you used the Add a PC wizard in Windows Live OneCare:
    1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.
    Note

If you added a computer or a device to the network manually, read the instructions in the manufacturer's manual, or contact the manufacturer of the router for information about how to obtain the network name and network key.

-steve
    Saturday, February 9, 2008 2:38 AM

All replies

• From Instant Help:

Find your network name and network key
    To add a computer to a wireless network if you used the Add a PC wizard in Windows Live OneCare:
    1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.
    Note

If you added a computer or a device to the network manually, read the instructions in the manufacturer's manual, or contact the manufacturer of the router for information about how to obtain the network name and network key.

-steve
    Saturday, February 9, 2008 2:38 AM
  • your wireless modem has your key on it and is labeled Key:...............Hope this helps bud

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:25 PM