CRM 2011 server and MAPS subscription RRS feed

• Question

• We have a MAPS subscription and have access to CRM 2011 workgroup and server. We want to implement for our own internal company use only. Can we use the Server Edition with 7 users (which prevents us from using workgroup) for our own company use (internally)? I've seen different answers on this and I'm trying to find a definitive answer.

Thanks

Friday, April 27, 2012 6:30 PM

Answers

• The Microsoft Action Pack Subscription entitles you to install and use Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Workgroup Edition for internal use. Workgroup Edition is limited to five users, and you cannot add additional user licenses to it.

If more than 5 users need to use CRM then you can:

1. Purchase Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server Edition along with the required number of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 client access licenses.
    2. Meet the qualification requirements for other Microsoft partner tiers that provide alternative internal-use benefits. For example, if you qualify as a CRM CSA partner, CRM SilverGold competency partner, Cloud Essentials partner, etc. then you'll be entitled to either 250 or 500 internal use licenses or subscriptions to CRM Online.

If option 2 is your preferred route, then it would be a good idea to contact your Microsoft partner account manager.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Friday, April 27, 2012 7:10 PM