New entity not showing up for other users RRS feed

• Question

• I created a custom entity A and connected it with a 1:N relationship with Opportunity entity. I can see the link on the left navigation pane of the Opportunity and can work with it. But the other users of the system can't see it. 

I published all the changes to the entity and the sitemap. Do you have an idea what might be causing this?

Thursday, October 4, 2012 6:38 PM

Answers

• you need add at least "Read" access right of custom entity for other users' role. Open user’s security role, located the last tab “Custom Entities", grant at least read right.

View Kevin Dan's LinkedIn profileView Kevin Dan's profile Please click "Mark As Answer" on the post if this post answers the question or "Vote as Helpful" when it helps.

Thursday, October 4, 2012 6:45 PM

All replies

• you need add at least "Read" access right of custom entity for other users' role. Open user’s security role, located the last tab “Custom Entities", grant at least read right.

View Kevin Dan's LinkedIn profileView Kevin Dan's profile Please click "Mark As Answer" on the post if this post answers the question or "Vote as Helpful" when it helps.

Thursday, October 4, 2012 6:45 PM
  • Excellent. Thanks man :)
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:23 PM
  • Very helpful, Dan - thank you.

I attempted granting some rights to these new custom entities I created, but it looks like I have insufficient privileges to do so. What level of permissions (role) do I need?

Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:03 PM
  • You need System Administrator role to do so, System Customizer may work too - I am System Administrator all the time :-)

• Edited by Kevin Dan Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:30 PM
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:29 PM