none
Passing PDF file name to printer broken again? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I write Delphi applications that print documents.  The ability to pass the file name when printing using "Microsoft Print to PDF" used to work until KB3176493 (windows 10) broke it.  KB3176938 fixed this issue.  However, now it seems broken again.  Is this a known issue?  Any guidance on when this will be fixed again?

Also I am trying to uninstall windows updates to see if I can track down which update might have caused my issue, but I notice that the list in "Update History" lists updates that are not shown in "Control Panel | Programs | Program and Features | Installed Updates".  KB8890830, and KB4013429 are examples of this.

Thanks!

• Moved by Hart Wang Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:02 AM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 7:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

>>" it seems broken again "

I think that you could reinstall the KB3176938 update to fix issue. 

I can see the update lists on my computer at installed updates. the below is my screen shot.

Since your issue is not related to developing issue, According to MSDN policy. I will move the case to off-topic forum.

If your issue has been resolved, please remember to close your thread by marking useful posts as answer that can be helpful for other person with same issue.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 5:52 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback!  

What is the correct forum to post this to?  I was redirected here from another forum that told me this was the correct location for posting this issue.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:18 PM
  • Hi,

You could post the feedback at the end of website.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4001764/windows-10-update-kb3176493

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Hart Wang Friday, May 12, 2017 3:20 AM
    Friday, May 5, 2017 5:53 AM