none
Search doesn't work if not logged in, no diagnostic RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to search for something and it just sat there, despite carriage returns, indicating the spyglass icon, etc.  It finally dawned on me that it might require that I log in first. 

I suggest you pop up a diagnostic under this circumstance such as "sign in required for search".  I did notice that the color of the words in the search box was a little diminished, but that is rather subtle.  I'm about to send a bunch of newbies over here and I'd rather not answer this question 20 times myself.  'Thuse
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:04 AM

Answers

• This has been fixed now...

Except for private forums like the MVP, Moderator, and Partner forums. Then you need to be logged in with the appropriate permissions for the search URL to work.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:20 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi,

Searching doesn't require signing in. Could you please tell us in which forum you were trying to search and wht is the content you were trying to search.
    SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 7:55 PM
  • It's been bugging me too, I wouldn't know for how long since I've been away from this forum a long time but for sure in the past week I haven't got any hits at all, just tried to search the active synch/wmdc forum (again...) and to make sure it was the service and not me I entered frequently used words like "usb" "contacts" ... only to get the no result we will send you to google (ups) instead.

Oh! And I was signed in, each and every time I am sure of that.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 12:36 AM
  • Here is what is in the search forums window:
    It is in light blue type

I typed in my handle, Thuse, several times, hit carriage return, then later hit the spyglass symbol next to it.  I waited several minutes each time.  Nothing happened, nada.  Search doesn't work for me, on my Vista system using the latest updated i/e browser.  Thuse
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:37 AM
  • I first wrote a reply, stating the conditions under which search did not function for me.  After submitting that reply, (I thought I did but I could be wrong) the reply disappeared. I went back and tried again, and it did function, sort of.  When i first searched on my handle, thuse, it didn't find it.  It did list some similar words that it suggested I try. When I searched on the first three words in the title of this thread, search doesn't work, it found a bunch of other threads, not mine.

I'd give it a C  plus. 
    Thuse

PS:  A free guess on the error avoidance.  You can force it to work by replying to something first.

T
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:43 AM
  • This has been fixed now...

Except for private forums like the MVP, Moderator, and Partner forums. Then you need to be logged in with the appropriate permissions for the search URL to work.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:20 AM
    Owner