Counterfiet Program Don't know the product key RRS feed

• Question

• I am pretty sure my program is not authentic. About a year ago I had some work done on the tower. I think the shop started up my computer with the wrong product key. It has worked fine up till a month ago. Now when I start up it alerts me that I may have a counterfiet program and my screen saver disappears. I have no disc or product key from the original program so I can't or don't know how to correct the problem but the computer seems to work allright. My question is; I am going to purchase a new computer in the near future and was wondering if I buy a new program for this computer would I be able to take that program out and put it in my new one. My current program is windows xp for home use. WGA informs me my licence key is VLK. Microsoft tells me I can purchase a new program for 5,800 thai baht. I live in Thailand. I don't want to spend that kind of money if I am only going to use it for a short while. Can anyone help me
    Friday, March 26, 2010 1:01 PM

Answers

• Hello Jar Head 50,

Here in the USA, when a customer sees the WGA Notification that their Windows XP Pro installation is nongenuine and decides to participate in the WGA Genuine Offer and order the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Kit with Windows XP Pro, they receive a full retail license for Windows XP Pro.  Compared to other types of licenses, full retail licenees are offered the most flexible license terms:  they can move the installation from one computer to another.

So, if the license terms of the WGA Kit offered in Thailand are the same as those for WGA Kits in the USA, you would be able to install your WGA Kit's XP Pro license on your current computer, and then when you get your new one, you would be permitted to install this XP Pro license on the new computer; of course, you would have to remove the license from the old computer.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Friday, March 26, 2010 11:03 PM