Cannot unshare an account owned by a team RRS feed

• Question

• Here is my situation:

-Account 1 is owned by team A
    -Account 2 is owned by team B
    -Account 2 was merged with Account 1; This created an automatic share of Account 1 with team B

Now, any users who are members of team B can access Account 1 (owned by team A but shared with team B).

What I am trying to do is manually revoke the share permissions from Account 1 so that it is no longer shared with team B.
    However, whenever I try to do this I get the error message "only the owner of this record can revoke privileges". This happens even if I try to do it as system administrator.

How can I remove the share of Account 1 from being visible to users in team B?

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 6:37 PM

Answers

• Take ownership of the account as an admin, revoke sharing, then reassign the account to Team A.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Flayto Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:32 PM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:16 PM

All replies

• Take ownership of the account as an admin, revoke sharing, then reassign the account to Team A.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Flayto Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:32 PM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:16 PM
  • Thank you. I was able to unshare the account using your suggestion, however it didn't solve the issue I was trying to resolve. Oddly enough, users from team B are still able to see Account 1, even after I was able to successfully revoke the share permissions.

I did a bit more research on this and it appears that this was a bug in CRM 2011, which was supposed to have been fixed by installing rollup 16.

From the list of issues fixed in rollup 16 on the MS website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2872369

There is this listing:

• User from 1 business unit are able to see records of other business unit when entity records between business units are merged and the records are owned by the default teams for the associated business units. 

Even though I have rollup 16 installed, my issue still remains. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I misinterpreting the description of the issue that was supposed to be fixed with rollup 16?

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:35 PM
  • Yup, sounds like that should have been fixed.  I would also look at the newer update rollup logs and see if there's a similar resolution.  Maybe UR16 only had a partial fix.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 8:29 PM