none
"Remoting data is missing InvocationInfo property" error when invoking command on Azure head node RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We create a cluster automatically on Azure using the Microsoft HPC IaaS Deployment Script v. 4.5.0. Once the cluster creation has been completed as reported by the IaaS script, we launch another PowerShell script to deploy the needed files to the cluster.

To do that we take the technique used in the HPC IaaS Deployment Script, consisting of sending a remote command to the head node as shown in the code excerpt below. But doing this results in a "Remoting data is missing InvocationInfo property" error and the files cannot be deployed.

# Get head node's URI $uri = Get-AzureWinRMUri -ServiceName $MyHeadNodeServiceName -Name $MyHeadNodeVMName -ErrorVariable evOut if ($uri -ne $null) { # Run script block on head node $ret = Invoke-Command -ConnectionUri $uri -Credential $MyCredential -ScriptBlock $MyScriptBlock ` -ArgumentList @($MyArgument1,$MyArgument2) ` -ErrorVariable evOut -ErrorAction:SilentlyContinue if ($evOut -ne $null) { $sevOut = Out-String -InputObject $evOut Out-File -FilePath $MyLogFilePath -InputObject $sevOut
    # This is what is written to $MyLogFilePath: # Remoting data is missing InvocationInfo property. # + CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (myheadnode.cloudapp.net:String) [], PSRemotingTransportException # + FullyQualifiedErrorId : JobFailure # + PSComputerName : myheadnode.cloudapp.net } }

This issue has already been posted on the Stackoverflow forum, but no answer has been provided so far.

I would greatly appreciate knowing how to workaround this problem.

Thank you.

Marc

• Edited by Marc_Simard Wednesday, April 6, 2016 3:54 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Marc,

The error was reported from your script block, you shall paste your script block as well.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:48 AM
  • Hello Sunbin Zhu,

Thank you for your suggestion and sorry for my late reply.

That's a good point, however the script block submitted to the head node through Invoke-Command cannot be posted for proprietary reasons. The next time the problem shows up, I will try to create a reduced, generic version of the script block that still causes the problem to occur and post it on this forum.

Regards,

Marc

Thursday, June 2, 2016 1:38 AM
  • @Marc : Were you able to find a solution to this problem. I am starting to see this randomly too while remoting on HeadNodes.
    Friday, May 31, 2019 11:10 PM