client backup disk nearly full? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have 2 win7 systems connected to my server and have a 500GB disk for client backup. Now the dashboard tells me that the client backup disk is full. It seems that the backup cleanup doesn,t work. The backup settinge are

• 1 day
    • 1 week
    • 1 month

Is there a way to run backup cleaning manually instead of every sunday?

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, July 3, 2011 7:38 AM

All replies

• Yes. Remote desktop or Log In to your Server and Run Server Manager. Configuration, Task Scheduler Library. Microsoft, Windows, Windows Server. There you can run the "Cleanup" task.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:20 AM
    Sunday, July 3, 2011 12:23 PM
  • I do not have a Windows Server category in the Task Scheduler. Is there a manual way to start off the clean up?
    Regards, Anand Mukundan http://www.dotnetindia.com
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:04 AM
  • Then that would be a problem! There are multiple scheduled tasks there that run on the Server which will cause you problems if they are not run. It sounds as though your installation is not correct if the whole of the "Windows Server" category is not there, so I would perhaps try a re-installation if you are definitely sure it's not there.

For information, the task calls up:

C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\BackupServerProvider.dll" /class:Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.PCBackup.ObjectModel.PCBackupServerManager /method:DoCleanup /task:"Cleanup"

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:19 AM
  • I do not have a Windows Server category in the Task Scheduler. Is there a manual way to start off the clean up?
    Are you talking about Windows Home Server 2011, or some other Microsoft product? Microsoft has other fora for their other server products, and your question would be better asked there if you're not asking about Windows Home Server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:56 AM