Script Error Using CRM 2011 Outlook Client with CRM On-line RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have one of my users that is using CRM 2011 outlook pointed at our online instance and is recieving a script error object doesn't support property or method '$2H' this happens any time she opens an entity or trys to type in the record wall has anyone heard of this error. Is there a fix.

Thanks for your help

Dave

Monday, January 30, 2012 1:48 PM

Answers

• How did you clear the cache - from IE Properties Menu?
    I´ve solved this error by browsing to C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files
    from file explorer and then delete all the files from here.

After this, the error has gone.

• Marked as answer by David_Greene Friday, February 17, 2012 3:20 PM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hello Dave -

Is there any more information you can provide?  It should work anyway, but are both the server and client on the same update rollup?  Can you have her clear her IE cache/settings and see if the issue still reproduces?

-Brandon

Thursday, February 9, 2012 11:14 PM
  • Brandon,

Thanks for the reply. She is on the latest rollup for the Client we are using CRM 2011 on-line for the server. I have had here clear her cache as well as re-install the outlook client using the latest download. I have 12 users in the system and she is the only one with this problem. 

Thanks,

Dave

Friday, February 10, 2012 2:59 PM
  • How did you clear the cache - from IE Properties Menu?
    I´ve solved this error by browsing to C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files
    from file explorer and then delete all the files from here.

After this, the error has gone.

• Marked as answer by David_Greene Friday, February 17, 2012 3:20 PM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 3:17 PM
  • Dave -

Can you provide anymore information with regards to the script error?  Does it give the option to "send error to microsoft"? 

You may need to contact MS Support to get help from them debug this issue.

Thanks,

Brandon

• Edited by BSimons Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:42 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:42 PM
  • Hi,

Did you get a resolution to this problem? Experiencing the same thing. Manage to narrow it down to a JavaScript web resource which gets added to the forms when you have Activity Feeds turned on. Just don't know how to fix it.

Thanks.

Emanuel

Friday, February 17, 2012 3:14 PM
  • Emanuel,

The fix to the problem is to clear the users Tempory Internet Files as Suggested by Carsten_Groth. This worked for my user! I have marked the post as the answer. Remember that the user has to turn on view options to see the directories and in Windows 7 you will need to Type into the address bar Past the Windows Directory or that was the case for my user here is the path:  C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

Friday, February 17, 2012 3:23 PM