Only Homepage indexed.....still. RRS feed

• Question

• As of this Morning:
    Google has 91 pages indexed
    Yahoo has 60
    LiveSearch has 1

I have posted about this issue twice before and both times the site had a few more pages indexed a few days later only to drop back to one both times.  The site is approx. 10 months old. 

Brett,
    It seems like whatever you did last time wanted to work, but just didn't stick for long.  Please let me know what i can do to fix this.

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin
    www.rubiconplanning.com
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:45 PM

Answers

•  

Kevin,

I'm still looking at this; however, something just caught my eye that I've been overlooking. You should consider canonicalizing your site so that either the www or non-www version redirects to your version of choice. This will help increase your rank by not splitting link rank between your two versions and will probably encourage our crawler to index more of your site.

Friday, December 5, 2008 7:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

I show that we currently have 3 pages indexed.

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Arubiconplanning.com%2F&src=IE-SearchBox

Have you looked in the webmaster tools to verify that none of your pages are blocked?

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:08 PM
  • Hello Brett,

Yes, I did this months ago when this 1st became an issue.  I went to the webmaster tools and went through everything to make sure I was doing everything correctly, including going through the "LiveSearch Guide thing" to make sure my site would be indexed properly.  I actually did this at your recommendation after my 1st post on this matter.

As of this morning:
    Google: 134 pages
    Yahoo:  64 pages
    LiveSearch: 1 page

I'm doing everything that i know of to get indexed properly.  We are not a spam site or anything, just a small business that offers consulting services to a small niche of customers.  We will never be a big traffic site, but the traffic we do get is very important.  We are one of only 4-5 companies in the world that do the type of work that we do.

Many of the folks that would search for us are located at an Army base using a government computer.  Due to security restrictions, these folks tend to use IE almost exclusively and thus LiveSearch and right now we are missing most of these opportunities. 

I've tried everything that i know of on my end to get this worked out and I don't want to inconvenience anyone, but I really need to know how to get this resolved.

- Kevin

Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:52 PM
  • Hi Kev,

I just wanted to make sure you/we weren't blocking somehow. I'm going to do a little more research on this. It might take a couple of days, but I might have better answers for you after.

Thanks for your patience.

Brett

Friday, November 21, 2008 12:35 AM
  •  

Kevin,

I'm still looking at this; however, something just caught my eye that I've been overlooking. You should consider canonicalizing your site so that either the www or non-www version redirects to your version of choice. This will help increase your rank by not splitting link rank between your two versions and will probably encourage our crawler to index more of your site.

Friday, December 5, 2008 7:12 PM
  • Done. - Kevin
    Monday, December 8, 2008 6:04 PM
  • From bad to worse. As of this morning:

Google has 134 pages indexed
    Yahoo has 95
    LiveSearch has 0

Monday, December 15, 2008 3:10 PM