WHS Console Shared Folder Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've just recently setup an old machine to act as a server, using WHS v1. I have performed all updates required from windows update, and then transferred relevant files to a 5tb storage pool.

My problem is this: I want to create a new shared folder called "TV Series." I then want to transfer the relevant videos from the already existing "Videos" folder to this new folder. However, when I create the "TV Series" folder (within WHS console), and apply the shares and duplication details, I cannot access the folder from within the console - even though I am logged in as administrator! I get a message saying "You do not have permission to access //WHS-2010/TV Series..." By the way, my reason for doing the file transfer is that I do not want to duplicate every file in the "videos" folder, just the ones that I transfer to "TV Series."

I have checked that the server is part of the same network as the client pcs, and all are WORKGROUP, so that shouldn't be an issue. Plus yesterday I created another new shared folder called "Movies" and this folder works fine, no problem. Client machines can access it and I can from WHS console.

I have tried creating other shared folders and I get the same problem time and again. Can anyone please help?

Saturday, October 30, 2010 9:39 AM

All replies

• Try rebooting your server, and the client you're using for the transfer.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 12:43 PM