Multiple instances of the same process after multiple RDP logins? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi alll,

I've been noticing that after I login and log out or put my WHS to sleep and then wake it back up and login that there are multiple instances of the same processes.

I sometimes get msgs that there are other users logged in when I go to put it in standby.

Is there a reason or a way to disable this?

I'm not actually logging into the unit at home only remotely.

I then log off or put in standby remotely and then use WOL to wake it up when I want to.

Thank you,

Fo

Monday, September 20, 2010 7:23 PM

All replies

• There's absolutely nothing wrong with your server. The console runs in a separate Remote Desktop session on your server, if you access it directly from a client. That's the usual source of the "other users" type messages.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:34 PM
  • Thank you Ken.

I generally never login to my server directly.  I turn it on and then remote into it via another computer or my phone. 

Is there a way to remote in, open notepad, disconnect and then RDP in from my phone and see that notepad still open?

Keep everything the same session i guess?

Thank you,

Fo

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:18 PM
  • bump
    Friday, March 4, 2011 3:46 AM
  • Yes, When you have finished the first RDP session just click the "X" to close it and you will get the message that your programs will still run. Logging in from another machine (as the same user, normally Administrator) and you should see what you left in the previous session. I do this all the time with my system.

Phil

Friday, March 4, 2011 1:01 PM
  • this must not be working because I'll put it into sleep from one computer and wake it from the next. So perhaps it's not ending that session? I am logging in as administrator. Task manager shows multiple administrators though. Any suggestions or other fix? Many thanks, -Fo
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:58 AM
  • bump?
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:26 PM