none
Search is useless!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Are you going to implement a functional search???????  Hello?  I have screenshots...

Friday, January 16, 2009 10:38 AM

Answers

• And you're not afraid to use them.  Use Google with the site: selector until Live Search figures out how to index these forums.
    Hans Passant.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 12:37 PM
  • Live Search with the site: selector works as well.

The problem is with the search from within the forums.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 12:46 PM
  •  The forums search actually uses Live search. The problem (at least, as of last week) is that Live hadn't crawled these forums (for various reasons relating to Live that I don't fully understand) and so our search was, in effect, useless. It's my understanding that as of now, Live should have made great progress with it's crawl, but I don't know what % of the forums or how far behind it is...

HTH
    Matt
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 3:06 AM

All replies

• And you're not afraid to use them.  Use Google with the site: selector until Live Search figures out how to index these forums.
    Hans Passant.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 12:37 PM
  • Live Search with the site: selector works as well.

The problem is with the search from within the forums.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 12:46 PM
  •  Could you please explain how to do this with either Live Search or Google? I'm trying to search a particular forum (Windows 7 Beta) for a particular keyword (XBOX) and the search returns over 70 million hits from every possible website.

Thanks.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 8:22 PM
  •  The forums search actually uses Live search. The problem (at least, as of last week) is that Live hadn't crawled these forums (for various reasons relating to Live that I don't fully understand) and so our search was, in effect, useless. It's my understanding that as of now, Live should have made great progress with it's crawl, but I don't know what % of the forums or how far behind it is...

HTH
    Matt
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 3:06 AM